IGNORED

Looking for a set of Sumitomo calipers MK63

JLPurcell

On 08/02/2017 at 1:00 PM, HS30-H said:

Since MK63s have a reputation for flexing at extreme pressures, I can't imagine how you could engineer accurate lookalikes in alloy without changing the design enough to make them not look MK63s any more...

You might as well buy the ENDLESS S4 MK63-replacements and paint them green, or just go AP and done with it.

Its difficult finding the right looking ap caliper.  The group 4 look period correct(i'd guess they are) however they're ugly looking things.

On 2/18/2017 at 0:16 AM, kats said:

The Black pad is old Nissan , the green pad is aftermarket ," Project μ ".

I just installed one pad to see fittings of all the assorted parts.

Kats

IMG_8124.JPG

IMG_8125.JPG

IMG_8130.JPG

IMG_8131.JPG

Kats, I just received the calipers. The space for the rotor is 23.62mm where the one you show is 15.9mm. I will assume that these are for the vented rotors. That means quite a bid of additional expense for the rotors. There are enough extra seals to rebuild both calipers and 4 NOS pistons a set of pads ( I will check to make sure they are correct), 4 NOS pad retaining pins (without the clips to hold them in place). Two of the 4 needed spring clips to hold the shim plates in place but not shims. So if I decide to go ahead and install these I Know at this point that I would need vented rotors, 4 brake pad shims, 4 spring clips to hold in the pad retaining pins, 2 spring clips to hold the brake pad shims in place. Possibly brake pads I will check on this using your measurements. I will post a picture of the calipers and parts this evening. I also plan to pull the pistons to make sure the NSO calipers are in good condition internally. 

• Like 1

These are the additional parts that I purchased with the calipers. I need two more spring clips that hold the brake pad shims, brake pad shims, spring clips that hold the pad retaining pins in place and possibly vented rotors.

IMG_1771.JPG

IMG_1770.JPG

IMG_1769.JPG

IMG_1768.JPG

IMG_1767.JPG

Edited by JLPurcell
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RIP260Z said:

Glad to see a nice collection of NOS parts. It seems I was correct pointing out that these are vented, so I wasn't mad.... Keep us posted on this great brake project.

Your are correct these are for the vented rotors. The seller did not know, but I am happy with the purchase.;) I have a couple of options. Find the parts I need and install this set or trade these parts out for a sent on non-vented. I would really prefer non-vented, but will be happy either way. I am thankful that KatsB) is helping me navigate the Japanese market to find these parts. I have gone on Yahoo Japan and found some of the parts, bidding is difficult and I don't feel comfortable bidding on parts that I am not sure are correct.

On 25/02/2017 at 0:59 PM, JLPurcell said:

Your are correct these are for the vented rotors. The seller did not know, but I am happy with the purchase.;) I have a couple of options. Find the parts I need and install this set or trade these parts out for a sent on non-vented. I would really prefer non-vented, but will be happy either way. I am thankful that KatsB) is helping me navigate the Japanese market to find these parts. I have gone on Yahoo Japan and found some of the parts, bidding is difficult and I don't feel comfortable bidding on parts that I am not sure are correct.

I use Yahoo all the time for my CSP311 and I have added fun of cross model searching to find parts. In my experience of using it, the non-vented set up is less often found for sale on there. Obviously its not a barometer of availability and there are other routes to find them but it is the most easy. Lucky you have Kats helping you to navigate.

• Like 1