IGNORED

Looking for a set of Sumitomo calipers MK63

JLPurcell

On ‎2017‎年‎2‎月‎8‎日 at 5:08 PM, HS30-H said:

I run MK63-20S vented type calipers on all my cars. I have a spare NOS pair new in their boxes, but don't really want to sell. I might - however - be tempted by an interesting trade. Have you got anything that you think I'd be interested in...?

Hi Alan , it is the most difficult thing for all of us to make you interested in . A seller of LY engine would be the one for you.

Kats 

IMG_8044.JPG

Edited by kats

On 09/02/2017 at 4:13 AM, kats said:

Nissan released solid MK63 first , ventilated later (I think factory racers already used well before listing in this catalog, sports option parts Dec 1973

Funny thing is , race and rally manual issued Feb 1970 described only brake pads for "brake section" , it did not mention about MK63. Very first cars were racing with stock caliper , stock caliper is not so bad !

Kats

Kats,
A small correction if I may:

What happened was that Nissan used the MK63-20S on its Works race cars right from the beginning, including the first official race entry for an S30-series Z when the Works 432-R entered the All Japan Suzuka 300km race on 18th January 1970 (that famous no.68 car used on so much of the 432-R specific literature).

Nissan actually used the technique of 'back homologation' to legalise the calipers for race use. They applied for the evolution in June 1970, but backdated the amendment to be valid from 10th January 1970 - hence covering all the races they had already entered up to that point, including the 432-Rs first race:

SqNFEv.jpg   

• Like 2

On 2/8/2017 at 11:19 PM, kats said:

Jerry, you can find good one , it is not difficult like finding a mint set of D hub caps or a rally clock with a oscillator.

Good luck !

Kats

I have found and acquired a pair of NOS Sumitomo MK63 4 piston calipers for my 72Z.:D With a new set of backing plates to modify for update, rebuild kit, and set of Ferodo pads. Although they are NOS one is missing the retainer pin, and I did not see the spring clips that go in front of the brake pad backing plate. I will need to aquire the retainer pin of have  one made and I will need a set of Banjo bolts, adapters, and seals. 41128-G0310     41130-B0700    46237-A4600 I would also like to find a set of the spring clips. Any one know where I can find any of these parts???

Now about that rally clock with an oscillator.......LOL

P1010001 (7).JPG

Edited by JLPurcell
  • Like 1

They look the vented to me, why, the shape of the bottom of the pads in the caliper are flat (this is for he vented rotor) in Purcell's post, against Kat's picture of the solid pad, and the groove on the caliper to make room for the disc, again looking at Kat's picture, is wider. Or am I mistaken....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIP260Z said:

They look the vented to me, why, the shape of the bottom of the pads in the caliper are flat (this is for he vented rotor) in Purcell's post, against Kat's picture of the solid pad, and the groove on the caliper to make room for the disc, again looking at Kat's picture, is wider. Or am I mistaken....

I will have to defer to Kats on this. I was told, by the seller, that these were for the solid disc. If not I will have to find a set of proper rotors. I wanted these for multiple reasons but on of the most significant reasons is the ability to run my original 14" American Racing Libre wheels with them. I hope this goal is not sabotaged if these are for the vented rotor. Kats? 

2 hours ago, RIP260Z said:

I hope I am wrong for your sake Jerry. I have a set of MK63's for solid rotor for refurb and acquired all the parts for completion, so have a little knowledge to go by.

I don't believe that I can get hurt on these simply due to the rarity. If these are for vented my only issue will be can I find a set of vented rotors and will they fit behind my 14's.<_< I may have found a second pair (in serious need of restoration) don't know yet. They were on an early Fairlady Race car from Japan.