IGNORED

Broken tab in headlight switch

hatepotholez

It looks like it's just riveted in there, I would get see if you can replicate the shape of the holder with some metal, not sure the gauge, if you have a micrometer (or harbor freight has this in/metric one that I use for small stuff) take some measurements. Looks like a little fold + some snips to make the arm. A small file (triangle?) for the notch that grips the rocker.

If you cut out the center portion of it to make the arms, consider cutting strips, then prying back and forth for a clean break.

If you can do all that, consider drilling the rivet out, then placing a new one in.

Now my question would be does it matter about the copper rivet. I wanna say no, but I'm not a scientist.

U can do it! :)

Actually, I believe the rivet is part of the current path, so it needs to be a good conductor. Thankfully copper is a common material used for rivets and they are easy to find.

Even more thankful though... Replacement used switches are easy to find as well. Probably even easier to find than the correct sized metric rivet.

I was looking at a PDF on google, it was showing 2 of them, at the minimum, post pictures of what you have, as you go, it's kinda hard to imagine it.... and I don't wanna pull mine apart! I just got it back together [emoji23][emoji23]

Edit** links

http://www.kamikazeracing.org/dl/ZTech/Rebuild_240Z_combo_switch.pdf

http://www.doyouevenhoon.com/datsun-240z-gtr/how-to-rebuild-datsun-240z-headlight-switch.html

Ok so I found the spring and cap, it was on the floor [emoji849]. I inserted it back into the headlight switch, so it does use both spring and caps for my switch, for a total of 4. Before it would just turn on the headlights only, now it turns on the parking lights and headlights. So that was a learning experience! On to the turn signal and horn.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile