IGNORED

New Fujitsubo Exhaust System to be Released

Sorry, I missed your previous.  its hard to work out the exact issues you had from the pics.

For what its worth, Fujitsubo do not list it as 280 from what I can tell?

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/prods/carmodel4/02/00235/00001511&prev=search

I can't see why given there's more space, however with a lower cut out at the rear it'll change all the angles which would have a massive knock-on effect.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fujitsubo.co.jp%2Fprods%2Fcarmodel4%2F02%2F00080&anno=2

Apologies for the google translate, its the only way I can get half way around some Japanese sites, google really struggles with it more than most languages though, I guess thats because of the annunciation which the translate autobots can't quite get?

9 hours ago, HS30-H said:

Take that up with the "suppliers" then. Personally I'd rather converse with the designer/manufacturer/brand owner to make sure I'm buying the right part in the first place, and I'd reach out in the Japanese language if that was necessary.

Presumably if you get an enquiry from Japan regarding your exhausts, you'll answer it promptly and fully in Japanese? You'll need to be able to tell them that your exhausts are not JASMA certificated, you are not a JASMA licensed manufacturer and that using your exhausts on Japanese roads is illegal.

Good point although in an ideal world, a supplier should be 'assez au fait' with the products he's selling to properly advise the client - you don't go into a shoe-shop and ask to speak to the product director of Clarkes before buying do you !

Happily with me - it's a one-man band and the buck also stops with me - any issues get dealt with for 100% customer satisfaction (ok don't yawn but it's true - I don't sell and run).

My exhausts aren't JASMA or TUV certified but there are plenty being run in Germany and if another potentiel Japanese client contacted me not in English which would be polite, then I'd find a way to reply in their mother tongue out of respect.

7 hours ago, Dreamzz said:

Wow
Please read whole thread and previously mentioned posts.
When you do you will see the old style fujitsubo exhaust had to have same modifications on a 240z as well as my 75 280z.
As far as what fitment issues .... please see pics I previously posted.
And all suppliers like whitehead performance state it fits 75 280z. Rhdjapan states 240z but told me it would fit especially considering the 280z has a wider Trans tunnel. Maybe people have different ideas of fitment.
Was just sharing my experience amd advice (buyer beware)to help others. That is what I use this forum for.
Happy ZRider

I did read through the whole thread before commenting. You seem to be missing my point. Fujitsubo - as far as I am aware - do not claim the exhaust you bought as suitable for fitting to a USA market '280Z'. They market that system (the system you bought - not the latest system that is the subject of this thread) as fitting Japanese market cars. I don't care what 'Whitehead Performance', 'RHD Japan' or any other re-seller claims, Fujitsubo themselves do not claim the system fits a car with an R200 differential. That's the key point here.   

2 hours ago, Sean Dezart said:

Did anyone confirm this - I believe it costs a lot less ?

If anyone actually wants to buy a Spirit Garage system, I recommend they contact Spirit Garage direct - in Japanese - to get the best price. Good discount available. 

13 minutes ago, HS30-H said:

I don't care what 'Whitehead Performance', 'RHD Japan' or any other re-seller claims, Fujitsubo themselves do not claim the system fits a car with an R200 differential. That's the key point here.   

Point taken Alan - Fujitsubo are 'clean' in their description BUT they are also selling their kits to Japanese suppliers (RHD) selling to export clients and to export retailers from whom export market car owners will buy.....my feeling is that Fujitsubo have a certain responsability to ensure that their products are correctly listed with exclusions expressly stated !

The retailers are more to blame as they should seek advice from Fujitsubo before advertising them as fit all S30s !

Question - why are the 2by2s ignored by the Japanese after-market performance exhaust manufacturers ?

14 minutes ago, Sean Dezart said:

Point taken Alan - Fujitsubo are 'clean' in their description BUT they are also selling their kits to Japanese suppliers (RHD) selling to export clients and to export retailers from whom export market car owners will buy.....my feeling is that Fujitsubo have a certain responsability to ensure that their products are correctly listed with exclusions expressly stated !

The retailers are more to blame as they should seek advice from Fujitsubo before advertising them as fit all S30s !

Question - why are the 2by2s ignored by the Japanese after-market performance exhaust manufacturers ?

Thats a bit harsh for a company, the importer should have, if Fujibisubo do not claim it to fit the American 280z, why do resellers? Has anyone found who the actual importer is in the US?

Obviously it'll fit the engine, just not the chassis.  Alan raised a good point about the diffs, I did forget how much larger the r200 is.

If the new one is a better fitting package to the 240 etc, there's zero chance it'll fit much else. 

3 minutes ago, Jason240z said:

Thats a bit harsh for a company, the importer should have, if Fujibisubo do not claim it to fit the American 280z, why do resellers? Has anyone found who the actual importer is in the US?

I thought that was already stated - Whitehead.

I don't think so especially if big sales are all they're interested in ! They must know that the export S30 after-market is huge...selling/supplying to that market parts which they have stated will only fit JDM cars seems a little irresponsable to say the least, towards end end customer !

Dreamzz has clearly shown that the advertising for these is directed to all S30 owners and was also so advised by a Japanese retailer......would you be happy having bought such an ill-fitting system ?

Every year, model and market destination has its differences and why I specifically designed my line in multiple parts so as to give the maximum modularity when fitting; even the straps I supply are 'too' long to ensure that they'll fit if the chassis brackets are not directly above those on the exhaust line. The use of T-bolt clamps allows pipework to extend and compress significantly.

So, why do they not love 2+2s ?

4 minutes ago, Sean Dezart said:

I thought that was already stated - Whitehead.

I don't think so especially if big sales are all they're interested in ! They must know that the export S30 after-market is huge...selling/supplying to that market parts which they have stated will only fit JDM cars seems a little irresponsable to say the least, towards end end customer !

Dreamzz has clearly shown that the advertising for these is directed to all S30 owners and was also so advised by a Japanese retailer......would you be happy having bought such an ill-fitting system ?

Every year, model and market destination has its differences and why I specifically designed my line in multiple parts so as to give the maximum modularity when fitting; even the straps I supply are 'too' long to ensure that they'll fit if the chassis brackets are not directly above those on the exhaust line. The use of T-bolt clamps allows pipework to extend and compress significantly.

Sean, are you actually on another planet altogether? I just can't get my head around your way of thinking on this.

What responsibility have Fujitsubo themselves got in any of these reported fitment issues? How can you expect a company of their size to curate every single sale through a foreign re-seller? Their contract is with the re-seller, not with the re-seller's customer. It's not within the realm of Fujitsubo's responsibility to stop people buying items which are inappropriate to their vehicle through each re-seller, and every time.

If your exhaust business gets big enough you will experience the very same issues. It's the nature of international trade. 

The long, tall and short of all this is the simple fact that Japanese market S30-series models didn't receive the R200 differential until after September 1975, and that's why it is Fujitsubo's cut-off date for correct fitment. If anyone doesn't realise the significance then they simply haven't asked the right questions.    

18 minutes ago, Sean Dezart said:

Because they are the spawn of the devil, perhaps?

In Fujitsubo's case, they clearly cater for the GS30 model. It's in their literature. I know other manufacturers do too. You just have to ask them. Just make sure you keep your voice down when talking about the 'Limo Version'...

4 minutes ago, HS30-H said:

Because they are the spawn of the devil, perhaps?

In Fujitsubo's case, they clearly cater for the GS30 model. It's in their literature. I know other manufacturers do too. You just have to ask them. Just make sure you keep your voice down when talking about the 'Limo Version'...

The two versions were conceived at the same time , therefore of the same 'devil'. You're not going 'racist' on me now are you - S30s are......S30s (and S31s as well if you like) - I don't treat any as best or better !