IGNORED

240z dashboard vin tag

hatepotholez

• 4 months later...

I have a similar issue :/  The Z I just acquired has been in my girlfriends family for a long time (30 plus years) but it has been parked upwards of 20 of them.  It was her uncles who passed in his 30s and now nobody knows the history of the car for the most part.  They do know it was stolen at one point which is why it unfortunately has a salvage title since here in good old CA theft recoveries are assigned salvage titles when/if recovered.  So as a result the thieves pulled off the dash VIN tag and now I am left trying to figure out how to make a new one.  I have friends that own metal shops, plating shops etc etc but I need to get my hands on an original so I can duplicate it as closely as possible.  The font, size, thickness, etc etc.  grannyknot, do you happen to have another old one hanging around I can get a hold of even if just for a bit..... or perhaps if hatepotholez has made any progress duplicating them from the original grannyknot sent he could share some knowledge.  Thanks guys.... and thanks to everyone that contributes to the board.  I have learned a ton already :)