IGNORED

Damaged '71 240Z on BaT

lonetreesteve

I think Grannyknot posted that in another thread without the picture. The car took a major shot. It could be fixed but would be a lot of work because it got so far into the rear floor, rear suspension mount is probably damaged too. It's a shame but these cars aren't worth enough yet to save it. When they become valuable enough to save it, parts availability will become the new issue...

I actually went and looked at this car. I tried to help get it started but with no luck. The car had rust in the typical areas. The floor pans seemed ok if I remember correctly but the battery tray area was rusted clean trough and the lower corner area behind the passenger door had some rust as well. He must have been able to open the passenger door between then and now because when I visited it couldn't be opened. Also if I remember the rear passenger side spring or strut was damaged. He was a nice guy but when I offered $400, not including any of the extras, just the car. He said that was laughably low and didn't say what he thought it was worth so I'm guessing he must've paid the insurance company a little more than what it was actually worth. Should be interesting to see what the car and extras goes for.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

I would say the car is probably worth more than $400 but I wouldn't say that is laughably low. Most of the wrecked Z's I have seen go for a lot more but they are salvageable. This car is really toast, with the rust repair needed even more so...