IGNORED

Might Sell 1970 240z with BRE motor

jlozinsk

This car has been in a garage since 1980 

I have turned the motor till I left USA 5 years ago.

It is coming out soon. The person who sold it to me in 1980 is a friend

I talked to Scott Sharp about it.

It is a 41K miles z car that Bobs friend had newer model 5 speed in it ( have driven the car once in 1980

Huge flairs added. real louvers and an old style bar come with it but need bolting down

2.4 BRE motor with BRE covers and comp cams.

yellow paint one of my exs told my kids to scratch so a patch or two needed

no clue what it is worth but would trade for a nice slightly built car as I have a 3.05 motor with forged pistons hydraulic Rhodes bleed down lifters and P90 ported heads for the car OPS this motor is supercharged

Could look like this car when finished.I know I paid a fortune for my TR8 Group 44 flairs The flairs below are similar to mine.

Please tell me about what it is worth I am 63 so i would rather trade as I have to many other projects to finish building.

Bob_Sharp_Datsun-240Z-IMSA-GTU.jpg

Edited by jlozinsk
  • Like 1

I think at my age a good trade is the best deal 

I have one interested in just the motor for more than the one who wants the car but I am not crazy about splitting it I want someone to love it 

I want something nice that runs and I can drop my motor in

Edited by jlozinsk

I will once it gets out from the back of my friends garage. Slight problem I am in Europe and car in in Fall River Mass. I have no control over how fast it is moved out.

My friend said he would have it out 2 months ago. I hear progress is being made. 

11 hours ago, jlozinsk said:

Could look like this car when finished

Is it a track car or a show car?  Has it been on a track, in a race?  Who built the car?  Not clear what it is.  Sounds like the picture you posted isn't of the car you're describing.  I summarized your ad below - 

1970 240Z

41K miles

newer model 5 speed 

Huge TR8 Group 44 flairs 

real louvers and an old style bar come with it but need bolting down

yellow paint

Correct it was raced by Bob Sharps friend who was shot in the head. The mans son sold it to Jimmy and I have had it garaged since 1980 but not in a heated garage 

so i am sure it is not perfect. Right now it has a ton of dust on it as even when I turned the motor I did not clean it so as it was painted in 1994 and scratched up in one or 2 places 

when I got a divorce in 1998 it did spend a few weeks here and there outside under a tarp but since about 2000 it has been in a garage in Fall River behind my friends transmission shop.

The flairs are as in the picture here they are not TR8 My TR8 is further along that this picture they promised they will finish it in a few months. Motor is finished but no water intercooled supercharger mounted yet the mechanic does that not the machine shop. forged internals sleeved 5.2 litter (have a 5.8 litter coming on a P76 motor I imported from Down under. 

TR8 022.jpg

motor_n.jpg

It sounds like this is a period race car. The flares you showed on the TR8 resemble GT2 box flares, which were popular during the 80's. I'm curious as to name of the individual who raced the car. Does the car have any log books or confirmed racing history?

Interesting thread and stories for sure.  But you've told more about other cars and other engines than the one you asked about.  You asked for an opinion on what the 1970 240Z is worth, I think, but it's still not clear what it is.  Not trying to negatize your thread, just saying there's not much about the actual car you asked about.  I added a detail and removed one below.

1970 240Z

Raced by friend of Bob Sharp.

41K miles

newer model 5 speed 

flairs?

real louvers and an old style bar come with it but need bolting down

yellow paint

Jimmy Wilkinson knows the name of the guy who raced the car the mans son was Jimmy buddy

I forgot long time ago  JIMMY DOES NOT REMEMBER THE KIDS NAME!

I will ask him on Facebook. and let you know he sold me the car

I do not know if Bob Sharp put the car together or his friend but the flairs are from Sharp

Smile

John

Edited by jlozinsk

The TR8 is my build from a TR8 convertible I had with 70K miles on it. 

the motor software says with the Hydraulic roller cam in it and 8 pounds of boost the motor should do about 

470 HP We calculated with Dave Crowers software before Dave did approximations. May Dave rest in peace.

We are looking at rear ends, I have a rebuilt T56 and aluminum fly wheel special clutches forged internals Rhodes bleed down lifters. I had the best buick porter port the heads 181 intake 142 exhaust at 25 and this one I remember. Large 1.7 something intakes etc. sleeved stroked but only 3.4 I have another 1/2 inch taller P76 block coming with a 3.85 crank.

I like,  I just sold my 4.7 liter 2004 Thunderbird. yes original motor was 3.9 but someone else made the same motor 4.7 liters and it bolted in with lots of work. Some Jag guy sleeved the 3.9 to to 4.7 using the Rover 4.4 crank but that was not how mine happened. 

The Thunderbird with 50K was nothing but trouble the foreign motor was never a problem just everything else broke or was a problem. I heard from other Tbird owners they had all sorts of little pains like i did nothing

major just PAIN Everywhere I went I carried a special analyzer in the trunk that I soon moved to behind me head the car was a pain.

Edited by jlozinsk