zed2

[2017] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

221 posts in this topic

ID: 201   Posted

Installed new choke cable with the kit that attaches it to the tunnel instead of the console. Put console back in place. Waxed wheels and put them back on and sat the car back down off the jack stands. Definitely sits lower with the Eibach springs. I can't wait to see how it feels with the Eibach springs, rear sway bar, and MK63 front brake upgrade. It will be awhile before I get to drive it. I still need the by-pass tube and then off to the body shop for realignment of body panels.  

ID: 202   Posted

That plate from art singer for the chokes is fabulous#

I put two on my cars.

1 person likes this

Greg, are your seats done in a brown leather? From what I can see they look good. I'm going through that "what am I going to do about my worn out seats phase" right now. Can't make up my mind what to do.

Something to consider. When I rebuilt my seats I installed heaters. My Z is a daily driver and winter time is that much more comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Finally was able to install a new shift knob.

When I bought it the kid had this cheap plastic thing from autozone.. affected shifts, slowed you down, wasn't weighted.

Ordered one from MSA and it was no longer in production... then ordered this billet aluminum one and it wasn't in stock. Patiently waited and glad I did! What a world of difference a good shift knob makes with finding gears.

Couple that with the new bushings and adjustments I made to the lever, and my transmission is feeling up to par now

IMG_3133.JPG

IMG_3135.JPG

Meeting an old roommate and some old friends for dinner at the Woodshed in FW. Cheers, y'all

1 person likes this

F....ck!!! I had to be towed home today. When for a drive with my youngest daughter and the car suddenly shuts down. Try to start it again and sounds like the battery gone dead (it's 2 month old) but all lights work in and out.

Will see tomorrow what's up. Battery is on charge. Best guess is that it is the generator.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. It does remind me of Rossiz's troubles with his fuel injection. He had multiple outings with his daughter that ended prematurely. Not to worry, it's just part of the "sorting out" process.

Thanks Mark. Hate when things like this happen but it Will be up and running sooner then later.

Car is Up and running again. 

Msd 6425 Box was the problem. Wired around the box and Installed the old ignition module on the zx distributor again as I had it before.

Car started right up.

No more msd box for me.

1 person likes this

How did you hold the crank still to torque the flywheel bolts?

Spent the day with the Edmonton and Calgary Z crew and@zKars

IMG_4926.JPG

Here at the oldest hill climb in North America! Knox Mountain Kelowna BC

3 people like this

That is an original one owner 71 in that picture.

Today I took my Z to a gathering here in the Bay Area and put together this short video of the event:

4 people like this

Replaced the bungee cord battery tie down the previous owner was using with the MSA full kit (price was reduced recently) - snug as a bug in a rug

Also replaced the 180 degree thermostat with 160 degrees

Next up:
Bleed brakes and try to find leak - hopefully don't need a new booster and MC
Alignment and replace rack and pinion boots (parts on hand)
fluid flush - oil, transmission, coolant
Replace engine and transmission mounts (parts on hand)
Replace oil drain plug and main seal gasket (parts on hand)

And if I'm lucky, find out if my AC compressor works (currently not installed)

First car meet of the season.

Fantastic weather.IMG_8693.JPGIMG_8696.JPG

2 people like this

9 hours ago, moelk said:

First car meet of the season.

Fantastic weather.IMG_8693.JPGIMG_8696.JPG

Beautiful picture of your car.  Another castle with a moat!  Americans would be riding jet skis around something like that you know.

Now can you tell me if you put a Schneider 270/280 .460 cam kit in your car?  I tagged Lumens the other day thinking it as him but I realize now it maybe was your car.

I wanted to ask you a couple of questions, through private message.

Thank you,

Cliff

1 person likes this

Installed the R200, halfshafts and front and rear supports. Installed the newly converted driveshaft. MT-90 arrived today. It's ready to take out for a test run but need to decide whether reinstall the old exhaust 1st or go directly to the new Zstory full system before the test run.

Don's iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Part 2

I was at Xfinity (Comcast) the other day and they gave a home security system with free installation and monitoring for 2 years. Didn't need it as I already have one for our home. So had them install in my garage. Free security for my cars, parts and tools. Who said nothings free. Plus they lowered my monthly cost by $60 month. If you haven't updated your service in last two years go see them.

Don's iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

5 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Beautiful picture of your car.  Another castle with a moat!  Americans would be riding jet skis around something like that you know.

Now can you tell me if you put a Schneider 270/280 .460 cam kit in your car?  I tagged Lumens the other day thinking it as him but I realize now it maybe was your car.

Thank you,

Cliff

Ask away, ill try to answer.

I have what msa call the stage 3 kit 270/280 460 cam that's correct.

/Andreas

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Thank you,

Cliff

Stock it with catfish and bull frogs and live off the land!!!

2 people like this