IGNORED

[2017] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

47 minutes ago, the_tool_man said:

I washed mine. For the first time. Since buying it a year ago. Why so long? Because it didn't run until yesterday! So glad it's running finally! IMG_20170309_184336093.jpeg

Sent from my XT1254 using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Looks good compared to my badly faded #305 blue. 

After you wash it remember to raise the hatch and dry off the latch area.  The rain gutters on the sides don't go all the way down and water gets in.

deck gutter.jpg

Here's my "Blue Jean Blues" faded Z.

SDC10696.JPG

• Like 1

On 2/27/2017 at 6:47 PM, JSM said:

You poor guys in the snow, yuck.  I actually had a bead of sweat run down my forehead in my shorts, t-shirt and flip flops!!  Sorry I couldn't resist.

Well I'm trying to keep my promise to my wife and not have a Junkyard in my backyard, though I would love one!  So I've been working on getting the 79 off to the scrapper. Hard part is I have to cut it up. Pulled engine last week. Pulled harness today. The s30 harness is so small after you've done a ZX! The floor just has a little rust in it!

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

You are going to salvage more parts off that, I hope. Brake boosters and Master Cylinders are unobtanium. Someone might be willing to pay for them. Grab the light. See if someone wants an L28 block for a rebuild.

6 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

You are going to salvage more parts off that, I hope. Brake boosters and Master Cylinders are unobtanium. Someone might be willing to pay for them. Grab the light. See if someone wants an L28 block for a rebuild.

Oh yeah.  I've already sold engine, trans and front ZX struts to the 510 guys.  I'm actually saving all the brake parts for my 80zx.  I only paid $500 for both cars.  My goal is to sell enough parts to make the 80zx for free and have some parts I can use.

The hardest part was dealing with the rat infestation.  Fortunately, no rats when I brought it home, just the smell and poop!

Edited by JSM

I was in the garage working on my Jeep, looked over to the Z with all the dust on it and thought "I've got to get this sold"..

Much as I hate to do it the sweet Z must go. I've had it since 1981 but haven't done anything with it for at least 5 years.  I'm getting too old and enjoy offroading too much to do any justice with the Z.

Will be a bad day when it goes from my life - just love that car to pieces.

71 240 Z.jpg

profile.JPG

• Like 1

• Mike pinned and locked this topic