Jump to content
zed2

[2017] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

Recommended Posts

Bought a set of long stalk mirrors to replace my short stalks. Hope it will look good and that they arrive without any damage.

IMG_7995.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Replaced all fuel hose with new and used stainless steel clamps. The diameter of the new hose was too small for the old clamps and all of them had to be replaced. It was also a good time to replace the fuel pressure regulators and filter.


Sent from my iPad using Classic Zcar Club mobile

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took the Z out today for a few miles today. 74 degrees and Sunshine in GA today.  February. go figure.  Right off the bat got challenged by a Honda Civic breadbox (83'-87') with a dangling muffler.   PA LEEZ!  In all fairness, it did have some kind of LED lights zip tied to the grill.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put new wheel cylinders and shoes on the orange 72......she blew a driver side cylinder a couple weeks ago.....cheap Datsun parts....only lasted 45 years!:unsure:

IMG_3042.JPG

IMG_3043.JPG

IMG_3044.JPG

IMG_3045.JPG

IMG_3046.JPG

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here in Seattle new snow everywhere. Isn't it supposed to be spring soon. Did get some racing in yesterday with ZCCW.

 

Edited by 7tooZ
poor quality video

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You poor guys in the snow, yuck.  I actually had a bead of sweat run down my forehead in my shorts, t-shirt and flip flops!!  Sorry I couldn't resist.

Well I'm trying to keep my promise to my wife and not have a Junkyard in my backyard, though I would love one!  So I've been working on getting the 79 off to the scrapper. Hard part is I have to cut it up. Pulled engine last week. Pulled harness today. The s30 harness is so small after you've done a ZX! The floor just has a little rust in it!

 

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

Edited by JSM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday: 

Had my new shifter bushings and pin delivered.  Went to go install the new parts and get the brand new shifter feeling.  lost the retaining clip.. no biggie, i ordered a new one.  got the shifter pulled.

Couldn't get the old bushings removed and didn't want to damage anything.  Found the original retaining clip behind by passenger seat and re-assembled everything and went for a drive and errand run to pick up groceries (had to make sure everything was assembled back correctly ;)).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FunkytownZ said:

Yesterday: 

Had my new shifter bushings and pin delivered.  Went to go install the new parts and get the brand new shifter feeling.  lost the retaining clip.. no biggie, i ordered a new one.  got the shifter pulled.

Couldn't get the old bushings removed and didn't want to damage anything.  Found the original retaining clip behind by passenger seat and re-assembled everything and went for a drive and errand run to pick up groceries (had to make sure everything was assembled back correctly ;)).

I lost my pin, spent an hour searching for it made a new one, then found the old one where I lost it and looked like 10 times!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JSM said:

I lost my pin, spent an hour searching for it made a new one, then found the old one where I lost it and looked like 10 times!

the shifter pin? or retaining clip?

ha frustrating day but all you can do is laugh about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine was the clip for the brake booster pin. I had few extra thin pins for the 73 and up, but none for the early style. 

Yeah both my wife and I laughed. Sucks getting old, neither of use see very well any more. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working on re doing the suspension with mostly T3 parts. Coil overs, control arms, and re building the rack, undercoating the underbody, and flare rubber strip.


Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might shovel some snow off of it to prevent roof cave-in.....  

Will spring never come? Supposed to warm up considerably by next week, but will take 2-3 weeks of that to melt off the snow pack... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, the_tool_man said:

I washed mine. For the first time. Since buying it a year ago. Why so long? Because it didn't run until yesterday! So glad it's running finally! IMG_20170309_184336093.jpeg

Sent from my XT1254 using Classic Zcar Club mobile
 

Looks good compared to my badly faded #305 blue. 

After you wash it remember to raise the hatch and dry off the latch area.  The rain gutters on the sides don't go all the way down and water gets in.

deck gutter.jpg

Here's my "Blue Jean Blues" faded Z.

SDC10696.JPG

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2017 at 6:47 PM, JSM said:

You poor guys in the snow, yuck.  I actually had a bead of sweat run down my forehead in my shorts, t-shirt and flip flops!!  Sorry I couldn't resist.

Well I'm trying to keep my promise to my wife and not have a Junkyard in my backyard, though I would love one!  So I've been working on getting the 79 off to the scrapper. Hard part is I have to cut it up. Pulled engine last week. Pulled harness today. The s30 harness is so small after you've done a ZX! The floor just has a little rust in it!

 

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

You are going to salvage more parts off that, I hope. Brake boosters and Master Cylinders are unobtanium. Someone might be willing to pay for them. Grab the light. See if someone wants an L28 block for a rebuild.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

You are going to salvage more parts off that, I hope. Brake boosters and Master Cylinders are unobtanium. Someone might be willing to pay for them. Grab the light. See if someone wants an L28 block for a rebuild.

Oh yeah.  I've already sold engine, trans and front ZX struts to the 510 guys.  I'm actually saving all the brake parts for my 80zx.  I only paid $500 for both cars.  My goal is to sell enough parts to make the 80zx for free and have some parts I can use.

The hardest part was dealing with the rat infestation.  Fortunately, no rats when I brought it home, just the smell and poop!

Edited by JSM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   19 Members, 0 Anonymous, 164 Guests (See full list)

  • Search Engine Meta Tags:
    classic, z, datsun, 240z, 260z, 280z, zcar, zed, s30, classiczcars.com, 240z.org, fairlady, 240, 260, 280, nissan, 240 z, 260 z, 280 z, zx, turbo, classic z, 280z cars, cars 240z, car forums, datsun, nissan, cars datsun, car club, 280zx, car, nissan zcar, classic z car
×