IGNORED

[2017] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

Well, the carb tune is done and I'm back home.
The engine is an L24 bored .40 over, a Schneider 270/280 (MSA stage 3), MSA header, 2 1/2" exhaust with turbo muffler and twin baffle tips. The Mikunis are 40mm with short ram horns, and K&N air filters. Altitude was about 5400ft (about the same as here at home). Here's the results of the dyno tune:
20170504_153715.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Classic Zcar Club mobile

• Like 2

On 5/5/2017 at 6:08 PM, siteunseen said:

I read my receipt from rockauto and I had written on there "total after core, $106.  Thats the small one.

How do these rebuilts look? Are they the real deal factory booster rebuilt? I suppose they are but you never know.

I remember once we were trying to take mine apart. No way that body was going to twist and open without destroying it.

53 minutes ago, Lumens said:

How do these rebuilts look? Are they the real deal factory booster rebuilt? I suppose they are but you never know.

I remember once we were trying to take mine apart. No way that body was going to twist and open without destroying it.

http://www.boosterdeweyexchange.com/ This company rebuilt the booster for my FJ40 restoration. The booster is the one in the earlier post of my FJ40. I restored the case prior to shipping out for rebuild. 

IMG_0223.JPG

• Like 1

Disappointing night. I did get my valves adjusted but had to run the engine without coolant to warm it up, had to be very careful! I had ordered a new braided hoses for the engine and installed them the short transition hose was leaking, when I checked it out I found that it was corroded and had failed. I cannot find a NOS by-pass tube but am considering the tube offered by MSA. It does look a little different than the original. If anyone has a by-pass tube laying around let me know. I got the valves adjusted and then found that the AutoZone valve cover gasket was not made correctly. Overall disappointed in my progress and will be waiting for parts again. IMG_1863.JPG 

IMG_1862.JPG

11 hours ago, Lumens said:

Looked the same to me the best I can remember.  I sprayed it satin black and took the sticker off the old one and glued it to the newest one.  Still works fine.

Installed new choke cable with the kit that attaches it to the tunnel instead of the console. Put console back in place. Waxed wheels and put them back on and sat the car back down off the jack stands. Definitely sits lower with the Eibach springs. I can't wait to see how it feels with the Eibach springs, rear sway bar, and MK63 front brake upgrade. It will be awhile before I get to drive it. I still need the by-pass tube and then off to the body shop for realignment of body panels.  

Greg, are your seats done in a brown leather? From what I can see they look good. I'm going through that "what am I going to do about my worn out seats phase" right now. Can't make up my mind what to do.

Something to consider. When I rebuilt my seats I installed heaters. My Z is a daily driver and winter time is that much more comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Finally was able to install a new shift knob.

When I bought it the kid had this cheap plastic thing from autozone.. affected shifts, slowed you down, wasn't weighted.

Ordered one from MSA and it was no longer in production... then ordered this billet aluminum one and it wasn't in stock. Patiently waited and glad I did! What a world of difference a good shift knob makes with finding gears.

Couple that with the new bushings and adjustments I made to the lever, and my transmission is feeling up to par now

IMG_3133.JPG

IMG_3135.JPG

Meeting an old roommate and some old friends for dinner at the Woodshed in FW. Cheers, y'all

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

• Like 1

• Mike pinned and locked this topic