IGNORED

[2017] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

2 hours ago, JSM said:

Yeah I wish I had a title. That's why I'm cutting it up. I've done this once before this way and didn't have a problem. 

The front is super light, the back I can't pick up.

The cutting up part is kind of fun I must admit. I don't think I'll do this again. This was the last one I did:

280zxt_Cut-1.jpg

Holy cow, that's a lot of cutting!  Chop shop experience showing? Maybe?LOL  It also kinda reminds me of the movie Fargo when the guy went into the shredder.

Just got back from the scrap yard, 946 lbs.  $47 I'm rich!  The one guy said you have the paper work for the car?  I said no, it's just parts, not the whole car, which is true.  He said let me talk to my boss.  Sat there for like 30 seconds and he came out and waved me on.

Car was minus doors, fender, radiator, most of the interior, engine, trans, rear end, front end and a few other odds and ends.  And no additional harm to me unloading!

2 minutes ago, JSM said:

Just got back from the scrap yard, 946 lbs.  $47 I'm rich!  The one guy said you have the paper work for the car?  I said no, it's just parts, not the whole car, which is true.  He said let me talk to my boss.  Sat there for like 30 seconds and he came out and waved me on.

Car was minus doors, fender, radiator, most of the interior, engine, trans, rear end, front end and a few other odds and ends.  And no additional harm to me unloading!

So does that mean we have a baseline value for a 280ZX shell? ;)

• Like 1

I have been battling fuel pressure/lean conditions since doing my engine swap. Since the new motor has an N47 head, I'm only using an electric fuel pump. The stock one didn't cut it. The baby Holley fuel pump was worse. Too bad since it mounted right where the stock pump did. I went with a bigger Holley with a fuel pressure regulator. I had to play with the hose routing some, but at the end, I got the pressure I needed. After some tweaking (going out to 3 turns), the engine didn't act lean on acceleration, even after it warmed up. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

• Like 3

• Mike pinned and locked this topic