IGNORED

Curb feelers for air dam?

Mikes Z car

Back in the old days people sometimes put curb feelers on their car down low near the tires to make a sound to let them know when they were near the curb when parking.  I see them for sale on eBay and Amazon, but is there such a thing for an air dam?  I have run into parking lot tire stops and not just with the Z.  Maybe a curb feeler could be modified to work with an air dam?  I imagine it would have to be at an angle so it doesn't get jammed straight back and cause damage to the air dam.  Any ideas appreciated.

Uh yeah, don't do it!

Seriously, I have never seen it on a Z car. I remember them though. Had a '76 Mercury Montego, big as a boat, that I used them on for parallel parking. It helped because that was a very big car. It was also in style back in the day. I think I saw them in Pepboys recently though. They mounted at the very bottom of the fender just ahead of the front wheel. I don't think there is an easy way to mount them without fabricating a mounting bracket and still, I don't think it would look good at all. Just MHO.

Not helpful as far as what you asked but I just had to reply. Kinda like my hood. Out of place to the purist but cool to everyone else. I want the original hood back on but again, this isn't answering your question. Sorry for rambling.  

6 hours ago, rcb280z said:

Uh yeah, don't do it!

Seriously, I have never seen it on a Z car. I remember them though. Had a '76 Mercury Montego, big as a boat, that I used them on for parallel parking. It helped because that was a very big car. It was also in style back in the day. I think I saw them in Pepboys recently though. They mounted at the very bottom of the fender just ahead of the front wheel. I don't think there is an easy way to mount them without fabricating a mounting bracket and still, I don't think it would look good at all. Just MHO.

Not helpful as far as what you asked but I just had to reply. Kinda like my hood. Out of place to the purist but cool to everyone else. I want the original hood back on but again, this isn't answering your question. Sorry for rambling.  

Rambling can be a good thing, sometimes information falls out of that that would otherwise be missed.  I am not a fan of the way the metal ones look that much but I have some curb rash on a rim they would have prevented.

I really want a spoiler on the front of my Z but it has been so long since I had anything on the front like my old Z that I know it would take way too long to adjust to stopping early at curbs and the one time I forget.......