IGNORED

Clean '73 240Z at a Very Low Price!

lonetreesteve

6 hours ago, whaticanthearyou said:

If you take the text from the ad and paste into Google you turn up a lot of other phony ads.

Wow, you're right.  I wonder how we can shine some light on this guy.  What do they do, ask for a deposit or something?  How does it work?  https://www.google.com/search?q=Beautiful+1973+240z+with+remarkably+low+milage.+The+engine+number+and+car+body+numbers+match.+A+magnet+test+was+done+indicating+no+body+work+was+done.+Front+fenders+were+replaced+in+the+1980's.+New+floor+pans+and+rails+-+see+photos.&oq=Beautiful+1973+240z+with+remarkably+low+milage.+The+engine+number+and+car+body+numbers+match.++A+magnet+test+was+done+indicating+no+body+work+was+done.+Front+fenders+were+replaced+in+the+1980's.++New+floor+pans+and+rails+-+see+photos.&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Also notice that he mentions pictures that aren't there.  No floor or rail images.

"Beautiful 1973 240z with remarkably low milage. The engine number and car body numbers match. 
A magnet test was done indicating no body work was done. Front fenders were replaced in the 1980's. 
New floor pans and rails - see photos. "

5 hours ago, jfa.series1 said:

HA!  He's a "LT of USAF" - hardly.  If he was real he would be a "LT in the USAF".  Damn shame - he's in HI and the car is locked up in a military base on the mainland and can't be inspected.

She actually, Lt Rebecca McGraw. here was the next reply after I pretended to play along and see where it went. I dropped it after this one. 

She also sent me this link to Photobucket.         http://s36.photobucket.com/user/reDatsun240z/library/?sort=3&page=1      looks great for $4K.

The transaction will be made thru eBay Motors, because they offer 5 days inspection period. You'll have 5 days to inspect, test and drive the car before deciding to keep it or not.
    If the vehicle is not like I described, a military trailer will take the car back on my expense and you will get a full refund. eBay Motors will keep safe the funds until you receive the car with all the papers work.
        Only after you confirm them that you wanna keep the car they will release me the funds. In this way, you will be able to inspect the vehicle before committing to buy it.
    If you want to start the transaction with eBay Motors just reply me with your full name and your shipping address,they will contact you with further instructions(terms,buyer protection coverage,invoice for the purchase).
     Also, i can set the transaction for only $2000 refundable deposit to eBay Motors and the remaining balance after your inspection.

Best Regards

Listing format - Chinese, Car location - Pennsylvania

The story seems more plausible though:

" 1973 datsun 240z.car was pulled out of unpaid storage bin.dont know much about car.looks like fresh paint.has one rust hole on drivers floor that i seen.car does run but shuts off like lack of fuel.does have some receipts in car.also has new seat covers,and some other parts that go with.car looks like it is all there and would not take much to put on road. "

I had a similar event last year. I was looking for  S2000 and came across one on Ebay for what looked like a really good buy. I emailed the seller and said I would pay their asking price, just wanted some more info. I was informed

that the car was in great condition and the seller (a women) was selling the car because her husband (military) was killed in Iraq. I received an Email form Ebay stating that she was selling the car to me and for me he send a variety

of money orders :)  I contacted Ebay and they said that they had not sent the email and would remove the item from, they did but it showed up the next week. Too many scams out there

I sent an e-mail to the seller a few minutes after that I started this thread on Saturday evening (I'm in the Mountain time zone) the guy got back to me and here is his e-mail and mine below. I'm so glad you guys alerted me about this crook!

From: "craigslist 5907594778" <ftdr2-5907594778@sale.craigslist.org>
To: c74e698d38aa3834842c244a86d7151b@reply.craigslist.org
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2016 7:09:55 AM
Subject: Re: 1973 Datsun 240Z - $4082

Hi there,My Datsun 240Z is available for sale for $4000.Please send me your email to send you more pics and details, for some reason i cant send them trough CL filter.CLear title under my name, no accidents.
Regards

On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 7:31 PM, craigslist reply c74e <c74e698d38aa3834842c244a86d7151b@reply.craigslist.org> wrote:
Hi,

I'm very interested in your 240Z. Is it still available? 

If so, do you have any pictures of the interior and the engine bay that you can e-mail to me? 

Thanks,

Steve

Original craigslist post:
http://greenbay.craigslist.org/cto/5907594778.html
About craigslist mail:
http://craigslist.org/about/help/email-relay
Please flag unwanted messages (spam, scam, other):

http://craigslist.org/mf/607f841026d37a5779d845e895b07256f3b5c543.1

Since I live about 1-1/2 hrs away from GB, I thought I would play along.

First email: I live not far from you in Green Bay. When can I come up with a car trailer and load it up if it looks good and make the deal?

Reply:  My Datsun 240Z is available for sale for $4000.Please send me your email to send you more pics and details, for some reason i cant send them trough CL filter.CLear title under my name, no accidents.
Regards

Second email: This is my email. Want to see in person. No pictures needed then. Tomorrow OK?

Reply: The car is garaged at Scott AFB, IL i am not in the area anymore.

Third email: Does not say that in the ad. Dissapointing. Why put it in Green Bay?

Reply: Has been posted on multiple areas.

Fourth email: Then why don't you say where its located up front?

No more replies.
Too Funny.

• 3 weeks later...