IGNORED

Just Another Damned Project Thread

conedodger

3 hours ago, madkaw said:

But it's just another item you have to find space for and more places for leaks and maintenance . I thought about that route myself , but opted for the in tank option.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Madkaw, show me more about your plan. I went to their site but what you've told us so far is pretty general...

Edited by conedodger

Well I don't know how to save the pic, but here's the link to the pump

http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=84/category_id=61/mode=prod/prd84.htm

There's a video on how to install. I remind you that I am running a non Z tank, so your results may very:) Not much of a plan but to cut a hole in the top of my tank and drop this in. No surge tank necessary.

43 minutes ago, 7tooZ said:

I used the same dampener on my stock 240 motor and had a problem with the belt with matching up to the other pulleys. Belt slipped all the time. Check them before installing.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

I understand that there can't be more than 1/8" alignment variation. If it doesn't work, as I said, I have two of the euro dampeners.

1 hour ago, madkaw said:

Well I don't know how to save the pic, but here's the link to the pump

http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=84/category_id=61/mode=prod/prd84.htm

There's a video on how to install. I remind you that I am running a non Z tank, so your results may very:) Not much of a plan but to cut a hole in the top of my tank and drop this in. No surge tank necessary.

Ahh, I see. I want to use the stock tank so that is out. Thanks for the show and tell...

Looks like a fun project, Bob! If you don't want to run a stock damper (nothing wrong with them unless old age has fatigued the rubber) I'd suggest running the BHJ Dynamics damper Dave sells. It has an integrated crank trigger wheel but looks like it may be a bit late for that. :)

Leon,

i don't think of it so much as going to the dark side, as I think it is bringing the car into this century. I get the style of the original which is classic, but the accuracy of a modern car. Let's face it. Stop light to stop light, we get beat by minivans. 300HP and almost that in torque evens that out. Controlling it all digitally is icing on the cake.