IGNORED

What should i do i need help

slaterboner

4 minutes ago, slaterboner said:

How much would that cost me?

Nothing.

Alright, I guess the fun's over. Look: the 280zx *comes* with a 2.8L inline 6 (helpful hint: the "280" part of the name comes from the engine size!).  The only 2.7L engine Nissan ever made is the TD27, a turbocharged diesel inline 4 that wasn't used in the US.  Pretty sure your car don't have one of those.

So you may not be, in your words, "retarded," but it's pretty clear that you know basically nothing about the car you just bought.  Before you start asking questions about what you should do to it, maybe you ought to figure out what you actually have first.  Then, if necessary, you can start working on ways to improve it that get you to whatever your goal ends up being.

It is not a terribly simple thing to put a stock turbo on it. You can do it fast or cheap but you will end up trashing your engine...there are a lot of considerations when doing forced induction...

I suggest you drive it for a while and make sure it all works well, them decide which way you want to go. If the car is not 100% when you decide to go turbo it will only magnify those problems

• Like 1

Not trying to be condescending here. 

There's are a lot of great/experienced/knowledgeable and (mostly) "adult like" people on this forum.  Along with that, I would guess a pretty wide age range also. They take Z's seriously. So It really helps to be specific when questions are asked. That way, we can specifically answer them.

Pictures can tell more of the story and provide pieces to a puzzle, like a photo of your engine bay could tell us tons of info to begin with without having to ask if it's turbo, v6, inline 6, or even steroid enhanced hamsters.

FB has a few Z pages where people talk all kinds of stuff from coilovers to LS swaps and maybe that's what you're looking for.  But it's really hard to get good, reliable information and suggestions there.  It's also really easy to get a load of BS info from folks who don't know what they are talking about.

This is the good stuff here.

Also, spell check really helps guys like me.

Your ZX looks very nice by the way.

Edited by gwri8
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2.7 liter v6 eh? Pics would be great of that motor :rolleyes:
One more thing; you live in California. Your best bet is to stay stock or put a high performance motor in it til its time for the bi-annual emissions test and then put the stock motor back in. You'll get tired of that quick.

get a '75 or older model = no smog test required.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Slaterboner is in high school, so his time, funds, Z knowledge, and mechanical skills may have limits.  Perhaps the best advice, at this point, would be to just enjoy the car as it is for a while and get to know the joy of owning a Z before planning a makeover.  He may find that the car is perfect as it is.

Dennis