IGNORED

Looking for Early 240Z Airbox and Radio

ABCar

• 3 months later...
23 minutes ago, 26th-Z said:

Nice, is that the only sticker that was on the early cars? We only got this style of airbox on 240z's sold in Australia, we never got zee flapper! I'm fairly certain this was the only sticker we got. Going to save the images from that auction for later reference.

I don't recognize that sticker and my early cars did not have any stickers on the air box.  My air boxes hold the filter element in a different manner.  See the semi-circular lips inside to hold the filter in place?  Mine don't have that.  The outside of the air box is indented to hold the filter and there are much smaller alignment tabs on the inside.  I own a number of these air boxes and they are all different in minor ways.  I think Kats did a write-up on air filters boxes where he also discussed the different types of wing tip bolts.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting I've only seen this 1 particular style of airbox used in Australian market cars. But I haven't done an in-depth comparison between boxes fitted to different years admittedly.

For your reference I'm attaching a picture of the engine bay of HS30 0004 the earliest known Australian market delivered HS30 and earliest known surviving HS30 for that matter. It has the same sticker it would appear.

Car Engine Bay 0041.jpg

• Like 1