IGNORED

Tach Adapter

ksechler

Has anyone had success with a tach amp and their stock tachometer?  I have a '76 280z with an Electromotive XDi2 ignition.  I ran the electromotive tach amp and my tach drops about below 1200 rpm and above 4000 rpm.  Has anyone had success getting past this problem?  This is an electronic issue with the amp confirmed by the electromotive technical rep not a loose wire problem.   

Add the note that it took a while to get mine to work. I had to wire directly into the plug in the back of the tach . Wiring further down stream would not work- too many detours in the wiring ? I almost gave up and thought it wouldn't be that hard to pull the tach and wire the adapter directly . Tach has been flawless . Wish my speedo worked as well- LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

• 5 months later...

I just got my tachometer to work. I also have a 76 280z with electromotive direct fire ignition.
I used a Dakota tach adapter. I had to remove the tachometer resistor located in passenger footwell. Then connect signal wire from adapter to where resistor plug was and tachometer works flawlessly.
You have to bypass that resistor!

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile