IGNORED

73 Parts to a Series One Shell

Steve Parmley

I have a straight Series one shell that I want get back on the road for my use, not to sell. I couldn't find any threads although I'm sure they exist on swapping parts. I have many 1973 parts, doors hood, hatch, dash and wiring that I wonder if they will fit on an early chassis. I don't want to do any cutting  or adding welded tabs to make things fit. Does anyone know if the things I have listed will work? I'm guessing later door hinges to handle the extra weight. I will get an early brake booster. It will be a dual purpose track day and street car so I'm not worried about the interior.

If I were doing it, wiring would be the major hurdle. For example, compare the wiring diagrams for a 1970 vs a 1973.  

I think all of the hard parts should be a plug and play. Datsun did change the half-shaft angles in the very early 240s. What is the build date of your shell?