IGNORED

18"HEELS

Andy K

Anyone out there try 18 x 8 wheels on a 240 with low profile ties to maintain the same tire diameter (24.7")? I'm having alot of concern about the requried offset to make this work. At firs t plush looks like I'll have to go 15" wheels with the appropriate adapter.

Hi Andy,

I'm not clear on your comments - you ask about 18" then suggest you'll settle for 15".  A lot of us are running with 16" wheels in 7" and 8" width because there are a lot of choices in tires.  I have Konig Rewinds in 16X7", 0 offset, and 205/55 tires to maintain the OE diameter.  No rubbing with this setup.  If you go with 8" width, rubbing is more likely and rolling your fenders may be required.  Try to stick with 0 offset or pretty close to that.  There are lots of prior discussions on tires, all you have to do is search the appropriate forum.

My mistake (typo). That should have been 5" bolt pattern. Like you stated the choices are better in the 5" pattern. Even with 18 x8 wheels and a 205/40R18 measures 24.4 and a 245/35R18 measures 24.1. If I use a Drag38 wheels with a 35mm 5 bolt adapter which brings me back to zero offset. I can maintain tire diameter clearances on the inner fender; suspension clearance could come into play.

Regards,

Andy K

That EBay website has alot of choices for sure. The wheel choice is very personal that's how I eneded up seriously considering the Drag 38-18 x 8 with a 38mm 4x114.3 to 5 x 4.75  adapter. My take has been if you stay within the original tire diameter (24.7") you're OK.

That EBay website has alot of choices for sure. The wheel choice is very personal that's how I eneded up seriously considering the Drag 38-18 x 8 with a 38mm 4x114.3 to 5 x 4.75  adapter. My take has been if you stay within the original tire diameter (24.7") you're OK.