IGNORED

market, demand and rarity for 240z Series I

my1st240z

Hi everyone, I'm new here, and just got a 70 240z yesterday, that i bought based on photos.   I spend last night Googling 240z, and anything related.  

What I can't find is how rare and how much in demand are these cars?

Mine was built in 5/70, and it's vin # is HLS30-04718.  It's got the E31 heads, Engine # is 007780.  The bad, the unibody is pretty rough, The exterior and interior is really good overall.  She's been sitting for 17 years. But the engine has been turned by hand during those years.

Seems these are pretty valuable in mint condition.  

Not sure what I want to do with her.  I'm thinking she needs a bit of work on the underside.  

So if anyone want's to throw in their 2 cents, I'm all ears.  I need to learn alot on these sweet cars.

CAM006241.jpg

CAM006221.jpg

CAM006211.jpg

CAM006191.jpg

CAM006161.jpg

20160803_200819.jpg

20160803_200804.jpg

20160803_194810.jpg

20160803_194012.jpg

20160803_193826.jpg

20160803_193724.jpg

Edited by my1st240z
finally adding pictures, tomorrow i'll get some of all the rust

I don't know what to do?  I always look at what things are worth, and what I have to do to it.  I never want to be upside down.  I have flipped a few cars and kept a few. So I'm explore the www. to learn as much as I can.  Not going to put money in to it if not strong car market..  I hope I'm making sense, 

That's the car!!   Couldn't resist.  I figure if she can't be rebuilt,  i can break even parting it out. But I rather see her restored and on the road.  

The interior and most body is in amazing shape considering the year. However the underside is in dire need f help. 

I'm ordering a title history from the DMV, and already registered the car.  I should havw transferable title in a month . 

I still want to know more on the market and are these rare.  Any one seen number of how many are out there ans survived the years?