IGNORED

Exhaust smell after sealing off air vent

mark248am

38 minutes ago, Patcon said:

the cowl vent use to mount to original heating unit and fresh air vent.

Zed is right in his description. The beautiful shape these cars have tend to force air in from the rear of the car. Even if the windows are down. You will need to remove the interior panels at the rear and check all the places that hoses go through the body as well as the seals around the tail lights. also the hatch seals need to be good and it needs to latch properly...Seal them up either with the proper seals or some silicone based sealant

I think I'm going to have to order a full weatherstrip kit

24 minutes ago, hr369 said:

Probably don't have party smoke machines in that part of the world but they're great for chasing down leaks if you set it inside the car and go around the car looking for smoke escaping.

It's probably easier to get dry ice so might do that, just a buck of water with dry ice and then go around looking for leaks but my guess is i'm going have a lot. When I wash my car I get so much water coming in from everywhere...

Wouldn't the rear spoiler disrupt the "back draft" effect on his car, for better or worse?  I've got the part number for the tailight rubber if you need them. Still available from Nissan, my local dealership ordered mine. Maybe that's why I have no smell but I was thinking my spoiler caused it to ramp up and away instead of rolling back into the hatch area?

What kind of shape is the rubber boot under the leather boot at the shifter? 

Google/images these numbers to make sure. The date matches up to my new tail lights purchase  butt they have different descriptions and are priced a couple more bucks for one than the other? Same exact gaskets just different sides.

26552-E4100 RIM-COMB LAMP $34.29

26557-E4100 GASKET-LAMP $28.96

I've got pictures on my laptop I can post in the morning. I'm using my phone at the moment.  I'll check back in the a.m

Cliff

I'm almost positive those lights come out through the back. No need to remove the finisher panel.

I would do this first. Mine were bad dried up and cracked. Zed Head reccomendation on sealing that vinyl access panel on the inside bottom of the hatch would be next, for me. I had my spoilers painted and removed them. While that piece was off I was overwhelmed with fumes. DUI defense? LOL