IGNORED

Just ordered some custom seat covers for the Z

Zedyone_kenobi

Well my new seat covers came in.  I am beyond impressed with the not only how fast they came in, but with the quality these guys offer.

WOW, the vents in the back look so good. I cannot wait to get them in the car! Mike, your car is always an inspiration to me.  Such great work. Your eye for details is unparalleled.  Grannyknot, thanks so much for the compliment. I have wanted seats like this for ages. I see them in vintage GT40's and some Japanese race cars, but cheapness did not allow me to pony up the 2500 bucks for real Kameari seats.  I think this is a great compromise. I cannot wait to get them added to the car. I may as well order new carpet while I am at it.  And I may as well order more dynamat as well. Hard not to do it all once I am in there.

27693210062_d755c6f75b_b.jpg

Note the standard OSHA approved flip flops.

I will say the thickness is what impressed me the most and the consistency of the color on the leather. The symmetry and tightness of stitching is amazing. I have no idea how these guys do it so cheaply.  I suppose the fact that the work is done in Pakistan is one thing.  I shudder to think how little they pay the poor guys working on these things.   But the results are phenomenal.

Edited by Zedyone_kenobi
  • Like 4

Looks great!  I just finished my seats yesterday.  Only been able to do a test sit in my office, but they're so much better than the worn-out mess that they replaced.

Installation's not too hard if you put some plastic around the seat to help the covers slide on.  If you're using the seat foam from Distinctive, you might want to consider a little extra padding on the top of the headrest.

Ordered new foams for the both seats and considering putting in a new carpet kit 'while I am at it'.  It is going to come down to the carpet kit or some new wheels. Not sure. Maybe both. I need to start selling off wheel sets. I have some VTO LeMans I need to unload as well. Too many wheels.  Any recommendations on who makes a really good carpet kit?

If you're going with molded (vs. sectional), then I think ACC is basically the only one making the molded kit, so buy on price.  Rock Auto was cheapest (~$175 IIRC) when I got mine a few months back.  Sectional gives you some more options, but I can't speak to those.

Zedy,

I did my carpet a couple of times but the last and best quality one that I chose was from Chester and Herrod.  These were supposedly the guys that provided dealer installed carpets when the cars did not come with carpets from the factory.

My car is a transition car and so they ended up getting a few of the major pieces wrong, but they ultimately made good on everything and it was great quality.  Loop pile just like the original. 

Hope that helps.

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

Any body know where to get the cover for driver seat recline lever mechanism 

never realized I Was missing it !!

pulled the seat today 

the current covers are actually 100% perfEct 

i will post pics of them 

anybody need some beautiful OEM VINYL seat covers 

Zedy,

I was going to paste the link to Banzai Motorworks as Mike has had them in the past, but when I went to go to his site this is what i saw:

This hosting account has been suspended. For more information please contact TargetMarket at:
(843) 312-5293

or by email at accounting@targetmarketinc.com

WOW.  I hope everything is OK with Mike.

Mike.