IGNORED

What goes on A Driving Suit?

TomoHawk

I have read some SCCA regs on what's required to go on a helmet, such as putting your name, birthdate & blood type on the back, and the safety sticker is supposed to be there, but I haven't been able to find any regs on what, if anything, goes on the suit.  I would suppose a patch with your name goes over the left chest (pocket) and one with your team affiliation, if any, probably on the other side (pocket.) ad the SCCA patch, for SCCA licensed racers.

Is there Anything else that's truly important/required?

If there are any regs, please tell me where in the GCR to find them.

All you need is the SCCA patch. They prefer it to go on the right side above where a pocket would be. It's in the GCR in section 9.3.29...

C. SCCA Logo

Each driver’s suit shall display the official SCCA uniform patch logo (see figures 2 and 3). Each car competing in an event shall display the official SCCA field logo (see figures 4a and 5) unobstructed and prominently on both sides of the car and adjacent to the side numbers. A third logo shall be displayed on the front of the car unobstructed and prominently near the front number. The logo shall be on the spoiler of cars so equipped.

Chuck

My wish for a better run government would be for all local, State and Federal reps and senators to wear a NASCAR style suit with all their sponsors/donors patches so everyone can see who their beholding to....

....be nice if one of them is a SCCA patch (that they earned).

• Like 1

Thanks guys   I keep picturing the Gulf Porsche suit James McQueen wore in the movie LeMans with a bunch of unsightly "required" patches all over.

lemans1.jpg?w=640&h=640

I like the stripes that match the colors on the car.

If I were to make up a vintage suit, It would just have a few things:

• American flag
  • Racing Association
  • Name
  • Manufacturer
  • One sponsor (if the patch is very small)
  • One or two major sponsors (on the back)
Edited by TomoHawk

13 hours ago, TomoHawk said:

I have read some SCCA regs on what's required to go on a helmet, such as putting your name, birthdate & blood type on the back, and the safety sticker is supposed to be there, but I haven't been able to find any regs on what, if anything, goes on the suit.  I would suppose a patch with your name goes over the left chest (pocket) and one with your team affiliation, if any, probably on the other side (pocket.) ad the SCCA patch, for SCCA licensed racers.

Is there Anything else that's truly important/required?

If there are any regs, please tell me where in the GCR to find them.

Are you a member of your SCCA Region? They will give you any answers you will need for drivers school.

Planning to run E Production? Spec Miata?