IGNORED

240z on Top Gear

I went from "awesome! they got a Z" to "oh really, and it is the only car that won't start"

Looks like it had a 4 barrel conversion.

It was also frustrating that they had the time and money to change out the tires and wheels for the dirt track at the end but not to get it running right.  

But my wife may have been right with her comment that it is a bit hard to find a cheap enough Z for them to trash on the show that runs decently. 

In the 3rd picture, what is going on over on the passenger side floor and doesn't the shifter seem to be at an odd angle?

And in the 4th picture as they pan across, where is the clutch pedal?

tg1.jpg

tg2.jpg

tg3.jpg

tg4.jpg

Edited by ta240

Exactly.   Which is really bad considering, at least in my experience with 3 difference Z's over hundreds of thousands of miles, they are hard to kill.

It should have run circles around their other two choices.

It reminded me a bit of another show about a decade ago where they'd give two teams cars to modify over a day and then drag race and the winning team would get both cars.  I thought it was cool when they did 240Z's but then they gave them the 4 barrel carb setups and didn't spend any time tuning the cars.  When they pulled off the line it looked like you could have outran them on foot.