IGNORED

I just Retired, Moved, Drove Z to it's new garage.

Oiluj

So I'm now retired.   Big changes.   We also relocated from the SF peninsula to the far East Bay, (Brentwood), about 70 miles.

Drove the Z to it's new garage today in a light rain.   It wasn't an easy start though, (literally).   My battery was dead and wouldn't accept a charge.   Had to buy and install a new one before I could drive her to her new home.

She ran great and I declined a street race with a brand new Maserati coupe.  Really?  The guy wanted to race, "in heavy traffic", in the rain!   We did both rev our engines inside the Caldecott tunnel.  His engine sounded cooler, but my car got a lot more thumbs-up from people in other cars, (especially those who saw I wouldn't go along and do anything stupid.   After about 10 miles he finally got bored and zoomed-off, zigging & zaggiing through traffic.   Good riddance!.

I'll need to wash her when the weather clears.   Don't like the idea of salt and wet grit from the road coating everything...   Pics of the Z in it's new garage to follow.

Julio

• Like 2

Before I retired I took all the friday's on the leave calendar for 1 year to burn up leave time and have lots of 3 day weekends.  One of the plusses of being high on the seniority list and slugging it out

for so long.  When i was getting my ira forms notarized at the bank, i made the joke to my wife and the notary lady about rolling it into lotto tix. Scary thing was my wife LIKED the idea.

Congrats on getting out of the rat race.

Congrats!  Especially on being able to do it on your own terms.  I hope to do the same in another 4 1/2 years.  We plan to move to a smaller house and a bigger garage.  I hope to have space for at least 6 cars, so I will have room to do another restoration.  I  am hoping that Z prices don't get out of reach by the time I retire!

Enjoy!

Marty

Good job Julio.....sounds like a plan. I tried ME also (Georgia Tech).....Fluid Mech and Thermodynamics changed my mind. I graduated in Industrial Management.....more time for working on my "Selling Skills":D

Congrats Julio!  I wish you the best in retirement and hope you have all the time and money you need to enjoy your Datsun.

I still have a ways to go before I can walk away, but I love my job and most people would give anything to do what I do.  As much as I like getting paid to drive fast cars, I need to move somewhere warmer and nicer than Michigan.  The roads suck and the winters are long.