IGNORED

Rally anyone?

Mike

I've read that there was a film done on the 240Z winning the 1971 Safari rally. It was the highest rating film in Japan that year!

Has any one ever seen or heard of it?

See the original car is in Nismo's museum!

post-1516-14150791875731_thumb.jpg

Rod, is that a pict from the museum? (I assumed it is)

Where is the museum located? Australia?

That is awesome and I'd love to see that. If it's in Australia, hopefully it's around the Melbourne area because I will be coming down there in Feb-March of this year.

Originally posted by rodd

I've read that there was a film done on the 240Z winning the 1971 Safari rally. It was the highest rating film in Japan that year!

Has any one ever seen or heard of it?

See the original car is in Nismo's museum!

Hi Rodd,

Is your name Westwood? In that case long time no see :-))

We spoke way back in '98 about modelkits of the no.5, remember?

I knew about the cars are kept in a museum but did not know where. You brought me in a good direction, Nismo!

I do have a Japanese magazine with awesome pictures of the two cars but as I can not read Japanese I did not know if it was an ‘old’ story or what. Now I know they are alive, yes!!!

When I got my scanner back (broke up) I will send you the picture of the magazine.

About the film you mentioned I do have some video about the safari but I have to dig in my stuff.

I will come back to you a.s.a.p.

Regards,

Guus van der Bol

Z-point

Holland

Mike

I'm afraid its in Japan.

I'm in Torquay, about 60miles south of Melbourne. How long are you in Melbourne for? I'm a real 240z nut, have a big collection of Datsun models.

Guus

Yes I'm Rodd Westwood.

The monte car is also in the museum. I wonder how we could track down the Safari movie. Have we got many japanese members.

I'd love to see your safari footage.

post-1516-1415079187647_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by rodd

Mike

I'm afraid its in Japan.

I'm in Torquay, about 60miles south of Melbourne. How long are you in Melbourne for? I'm a real 240z nut, have a big collection of Datsun models.

Rodd,

I'm still trying to plan the trip. One week will be to work (only 9-5), but, I am considering a week to 'roam' Australia.

Originally posted by Mike

Rodd,

I'm still trying to plan the trip. One week will be to work (only 9-5), but, I am considering a week to 'roam' Australia.

Rodd, Mike,

Here is an interesting link to an article about the two Z cars.

Rodd did you know about this?

http://www.zdriver.com/articles/full_article.php?ID=84

I think I have to be friendlier next time to Mr Katayama maybe he will invite me one time.

Guus

:D

• 3 months later...

A article on the Le Mans Z would be great. I have some few pictures and the 1:43 resine model. At the 24 H de Spa there once raced a red 260Z 2+2. Is anybody on the list who knows about that car or who has pictures or an idea how to get more infos. The belgian automobile club couldn't or wouldn't helpp on my e-mail request

Rolf

Hi guys,

Sure an article would be super!! The world isn’t that big anymore.

I always thought the former rally cars were gone but this list brought me back on one foot.

No Fred tells us even the Le Mans car is still alive….Is this heaven???? I’m back on two feet’s now.

We do have pictures enough now we want to see the real Car. Fred by al means. Search and rescue!!!

Greetings,

Guus

Z-point

:D

post-1340-14150791964431_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

the 260 was also quite successful at the Bandama Rallye and with Shekar Mehta on the continent. Does anyone have more information on the Museum in Japan. I heard some rumors that there is another interesting rallye car that is quite unknown to the public: the 280 ZX that appeared in Greece, Portugal and - I'm not shure - at the RAC in GB. I'm looking for pictures of that car ond technical details. I think the drivers had been Japanese.

Sorry for mentioning a Datsun ZX on that Z page but concerning Datsuns in Rallye it's of interest.

Rolf

I started building the Fujimi 1/20th Lemans 240z and would love pics of the original if anyone has any.

Love to find out more details of the LeMans 240Z.

All I know is that it was an ex rally car, ran at LeMans twice, finishing one year and crashing the other I think.

Thanks Rodd