IGNORED

ZCON 2016 - Toronto (Who is going?)

Other than the wrong front brake pads and the booster leaking, race car ran great. Swapped out the 4:38 for the 4:11 diff, got the rotors turned, waiting on the new custom pads which leaves just the booster, brake ducts and the new side mirrors to install before giving it a quick once over and a cleaning.

• Like 1

I'm on final approach for this event. In theory, I'm registered and have hotel reservations. My plan is to spend Wednesday night in Niagara Falls, CA and then finish the drive to Toronto on Thursday morning.

Here's my rough interpretation of the schedule of events for the days:

Tuesday - Opening reception at hotel and chili party dinner evening
Wednesday - Judged show at hotel and dinner cruise evening
Thursday - Track day at motorsport course and distillery district evening
Friday - Autocross and road rally - nothing planned for evening
Saturday - Peoples choice car show at Bruce's Mill and awards banquet evening

Obviously, I'm going to miss the first two days, but I'm planning to do the distillery district event and go to the people's choice show on Saturday (as a spectator, not a contestant). And I'm hoping to make the banquet at the end.

Who's the social director this time? I can foresee another emergency meeting of the ClassicZ Club at the hotel bar!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

but I'm planning to do the distillery district event

Of course you are! Hate I can't make it. I have been looking forward to it after last year... If I'm lucky I will have a running Z next year if it's not too far

I started this thread but now find I won't be able to make good on it.  My wife has developed a sinus issue that prevents her travel so we've cancelled our plans for Toronto.  Those of the CZCC group that make it, hoist one for me.  ZAttack in Nashville sounds great, its going on the dance card.  We should be able to build a respectable Memphis CZCC reunion!

11 hours ago, S30Driver said:

Count me in!   And I am sure Zup as well ...

Thank goodness Zup is coming. We need all the Jim's we can get after the unfortunate bow-out of the esteemed jfa above. I'm counting five so far.