IGNORED

Might as wells?

sdyck

Ok I'm hoping for opinions from those who know better.  I'm going to replace my rear struts, I seem to be bottoming out over bumps, get a pretty good hit.   I was planning on replacing my bushings at the same time , but after taking a look the bushings don't look bad. The worst appears to be the spindle shaft, a little dry. The Mustashe bar is also a little hard, but I was planning on going back stock as I don't want things to be super hard and I see that the stock Mustashe bar bushing is NLA and I've read negative things on the poly urethane bush.  

Thoughts? 

Thanks, Steveimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg 

The poly mustache bar bushings main complaint is differential noise (whine) transmission in to the cabin.  If you don't have that, why change?  You might go back to a "clunk".

The spindle pin bushing is of the original rubber Nissan design.  It doesn't rotate, the movement is taken up within the rubber.  So dryness doesn't mean a lot, there's no lubricated surface to worry about.

If you're happy with ride height, just the internals (shocks) might be the way to go.  Shocks, springs and road speed (bumps) are really meant to be matched.  You could wait until you get the struts out.  If they're obviously blown and not dong much damping, then you can expect improvement.  If they seem fine, maybe upgrade strut and springs to match your driving conditions.

Your parts look rather stock so wouldn't be surprised to see the original internals, smelly oil and all.

Grease your halfshaft u-joints while you have them out for sure.