Looking for these parts in good used working condition. Hope you can help! If you are parting out your1972 and can help with the list below, it would be much appreciated!

Updated 4/15 Thanks to many forum members, I've been educated! Parts removed have either been found, advised to buy new, or found not to be needed! Forum members, You guys ROCK! 

Still needed, see below:

1) 240 horn pad and/ or the spring and mechanism behind it.

3) Antenna working ( including mast) -May have option here, but if you have one in good condition, send photos.

4) White interior pieces ( back panels and left side panel.) 

5) R12 coolant refills 

i think that's it for now. If you happen to have any of those items please let me know, and p.m. me with photos and price. 

Have a persimmon (#101) 72 240 with white interior that's in great shape, but trying to upgrade weak areas, and keep her as original as possible. This was a father/daughter project that I'm trying to finish after it was derailed by life and health issues. Back on the case now, and ready to get the little lady rolling again! 

Thanks Z friends! Appreciate any assistance!

Kira

The lil z lady

image.jpeg

Edited by KiraK
Updated parts list 4/16 Another part found :)

Hi Kira, 

I have parted a 72 and 2 73's and a 74 so I have a few parts around. I think I can help you with a few things. 

I have some choke knobs, I picked up a A/C control unit at a Junk yard so I am not sure how well it works but is moves freely and make the tick (switch) sound when the knob is turned. I should have a good hatch strut as well. 

I have some SU's 4 and 3 screw but either would need servicing. 

I can get some pics to you if interested. 

Let me know,

TZ

Thanks much for your response! Yes, I am very interested! I just received a choke lever, so I'm good there, but I'm interested in the other items!

im on a bit of a budget ( well I'm way over budget honestly! But you know how it goes, right!) Anything you can do to help is much appreciated! 

Pictures and price would be great! 

Kira

The lil z lady ;)

BTW, I just updated my list with a few things.., antenna motor -working (no mast needed) , rubber grommets, and engine seal and rear deck seal, door seals ( I forgot to add to listing) If you have some that are decent, mine are dried out ;( A few other things on my list, just in case you have them too. Thanks much! 

see attached picture of engine cowl seal and grommets. imagejpeg

10 hours ago, KiraK said:

BTW, I just updated my list with a few things.., antenna motor -working (no mast needed) , rubber grommets, and engine seal and rear deck seal, door seals ( I forgot to add to listing) If you have some that are decent, mine are dried out ;( A few other things on my list, just in case you have them too. Thanks much! 

see attached picture of engine cowl seal and grommets. imagejpeg

On my 280 you can't separate the telescopic antenna from the motor, it has a plastic toothed cable that runs inside of them.  You can buy a universal power antenna for about $30 bucks.  Here's a write up on tricking the up and down swith that 240s have.  ID #10, or the tenth post. :)  Thanks @Mike for putting those up for us. :bunny:

• Like 1

Thanks much for the advice gwri8, I'm still learning what is worth replacing, and what is not :( Thanks for the link! BTW, was your P.S a joke? If so, pretty funny! 

Many to you also siteunseen! Come to think of it, I think you might be right about the 240 cable as well. I'll have to check. 

Thanks much for all the help! 

K

46 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

On my 280 you can't separate the telescopic antenna from the motor, it has a plastic toothed cable that runs inside of them.  You can buy a universal power antenna for about $30 bucks.  Here's a write up on tricking the up and down swith that 240s have.  ID #10, or the tenth post. :)  Thanks @Mike for putting those up for us. :bunny:

No problem, but you know that you can link directly to the post, right?  It's the little triangle symbol on the right side for post sharing.

Here's what it looks like:  

Screenshot 2016-04-14 09.34.09.png

And the link to the post itself:

• Like 1

No, Mike, I didn't know that! I'm a newbie here, so the extra direction is much appreciated! 

I continue to be overwhelmed by the support and sharing of knowledge here! Many thanks to Mark Mearas who directed me here!

Have a great day! And thanks again!

K

Kira, 

Here is some pics of the A/C controller I have. It looks different than one I see on Ebay right now. It could be aftermarket.

Perhaps someone here on the forum could chime in on that. 

It came out of a 71 I found at the junkyard. I thought it was a good piece to snag as I don't find many cars with A/C in them. 

IMG_0302.JPG

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

• Like 1