IGNORED

Did I screw up?

siteunseen

I put the dust shield with the round hole on my 2.4 motor.  It came off a ZX 5 spd with the 240mm flywheel.  It lined up perfect.

The one on the left is the one that came off the car but I chose the one with less opening to better keep dust/dirt out of the block.  Did I make a mistake?

1447606436109.jpg

Isn't the bigger hole just for inspecting the core plug area?  They probably closed it to keep things cleaner.  Look at the all of the clutch dust that would make it past the old one.  I'd use the newer one.  

• Like 1

That conforms what I put on tjete

Thank you @Zed Head.

I had a mini-stroke earlier when my new pressure plate wouldn't line up with the aluminum flywheel I put on yesterday.  Dug out the OE flywheel and moved the pressure plate around laying face up on my bench. Found the right holes and marked them with a sharpie. Mounted right up then!

Now I'm thinking I should've used thread locker on the 6 bolts? Torques at 15lbs. Probably go back and do that after I calm my nerves from the misalignment issue. LOL