IGNORED

Hello

Hi,

My name is Clay, I am in the Navy and currently stationed in San Diego, California.  I bought a 1970 Datsun 240Z about 3 years ago.  It has been kept in my garage and only driven every now and then because of my desire to restore it.  I really enjoy reading the posts here and hope to continue to learn anything and everything about our cars.  

Clay

IMG_0583.jpg

• Like 1

Zed Head,

Hahaha it is HLS30-01121 it has a production date of 1/70.  I bought it near San Francisco about 3 years ago.  I decided that I would hold onto it, and save my money to do a full restoration on it.  I am about to start the restoration and will be documenting it here.  Here are a few more pics.

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

Edited by CHL240Z

Greg,

Thanks.  There are a few problems with it but I hope to restore it to its former glory.  It was originally Safari Gold #920 and will be going back to that original color soon.  Have a good evening.

Clay

The previous owners name was Joe Muro. He was from NorCal. I think it may be a CB antenna LOL. There was not a radio CB or otherwise in it when I got it. It will be getting replaced in the restoration . 

Dennis,

Thank you very much.  The rear bumper was in the passenger seat on the drive home from NorCal.  It was very rusty and I wanted to get one that was in better shape.  I decided to donate it to my neighbor who wanted to modify it and put it on his 1974 BMW 2002.  I have replacements on their way now.

Clay

Hi Clay,

That is a beautiful '70 that you have there.  I have a 3/70 build 240Z that is Safari Gold and actually the original factory paint.  I did a refresh on the motor several years ago and blogged it on the site here.  Below is the link.

I also am currently restoring a 1971 240Z.  This one is a complete restoration from the ground up.  The blog on that one is here.

Also, ZCSD (San Diego Z club)has some good resources for parts and restoration tips.  Their site is here: http://www.zcsd.org/  I run the web site for the club.

Hope to see your car in person someday.

Best regards,

Rich