IGNORED

My exhaust fume location

gundee

Looking at the recent thread showing tank vent hose replacement, this reminds me of what I found last year.

The photo here shows the vent hose location above the muffler. That grommet had popped out where

it enters the cabin. I reinstalled and then sealed it up real good. That was it. A real pleasure to drive with

the windows down again. Just another thing to check.

venthosedrivers.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I finally found my source of exhaust fumes in the cabin as well: the hole through which the electric antenna drain tube exits the rear left fender! The rubber grommet had deteriorated. Replaced the grommet, sealed with with black silicone and the car stopped smelling like a muffler.:D

• 4 months later...
On 3/26/2016 at 5:14 PM, dmoralesbello said:

I finally found my source of exhaust fumes in the cabin as well: the hole through which the electric antenna drain tube exits the rear left fender! The rubber grommet had deteriorated. Replaced the grommet, sealed with with black silicone and the car stopped smelling like a muffler.:D

hey, where is that located exactly? 

On 3/26/2016 at 9:14 AM, dmoralesbello said:

Where did you find the grommet?

Thanks!