IGNORED

Nissan motorsports HP. competition oil pump 15010-A1110

Martzedcars

Fits L24.  That part is listed in the 1972 Nissan Fairlady Z parts catalog along with the oil cooler optional parts.  It is also listed in the 1974 Datsun (NMC in USA) Competition Parts catalog.  I also have it in a 1970 Datsun Competition Parts bulletin for $19.41.  In today's value, that's about $120.

The 15010-A1110 is just the standard oil pump with stiffer relief springs. It pumps the same volume as a standard pump.  The 15010-S8000 Turbo pump has physically larger gears and pumps about 15% more volume. Extra volume is needed to supply the Turbo, which has essentially a large oil leak back to the oil pan ( oil cooled journal bearings ) .

You can raise the pressure on a standard pump with a .10c modification. A couple of small washers in the end cap that holds the relief springs. Nissan Comp also had stiffer relief springs at one time that you could buy. I think they they were about $2.50 in 1975 dollars. The stock pump was more than adequate for most Autocross and many Race  engines back in the good ol' days when we used Wet sumps.

The S8000 is the pump to have for a modified vehicle these days.

As to what it's worth. Whatever the market will bear. To a regular weekend racer... probably not a lot. They'll go for the .10c worth of washers. To a Vintage Racer or a Collector... it could be worth quite a bit more. Having the original box makes it worth a lot more to a collector. But Oil pumps aren't exactly big collectibles item either.

Edited by Chickenman

Thanks for the answers,

But the pump i found delivers same amount of oil as the "280 turbo" pump..

Found this...

Virtually any L-series oil pump will install on an L series engine. Also nearly all L series oil pumps have the same part number being 15010-21001. There are two exceptions. The first being 280zxt oil pump being 15010-S8000. This was the first and only change to an original equipment Lseries oil pump since the L series intro. The second exception is the Nissan Motorsports high pressure oil pump, 15010-A1110."

Now to the "why" in your question. "The output for standard and competetion pumps is 0.49 fluid ounces (14.5 ml) per pump revolution. The output of the 280zxt oil pump is 0.55 fluid ounces (16.4 ml) per pump revolution. The higher volume is for the additional oil to the turbo. It was accomplished with 5mm (0.20 in) longer gears, or 35mm (1.378 in.) versus 40mm (1.575 in) internally. Externally the turbo oil pumps are unchanged. High volume and high pressure are for the most demanding applications."

the above excerpt taken from "How to modify your Datsun/Nissam OHC engine" by frank honsowetz

Ahh...!  When I wrote my previous post, I had looked at Nissan Japan competition parts catalogs, (3 of them) and they all listed gears and shafts for the oil pump but not the whole unit like it was sold in the USA.  Interesting.

On 2/7/2016 at 4:23 AM, Martzedcars said:

Thanks for the answers,

But the pump i found delivers same amount of oil as the "280 turbo" pump..

Found this...

Virtually any L-series oil pump will install on an L series engine. Also nearly all L series oil pumps have the same part number being 15010-21001. There are two exceptions. The first being 280zxt oil pump being 15010-S8000. This was the first and only change to an original equipment Lseries oil pump since the L series intro. The second exception is the Nissan Motorsports high pressure oil pump, 15010-A1110."

Now to the "why" in your question. "The output for standard and competition pumps is 0.49 fluid ounces (14.5 ml) per pump revolution. The output of the 280zxt oil pump is 0.55 fluid ounces (16.4 ml) per pump revolution. The higher volume is for the additional oil to the turbo. It was accomplished with 5mm (0.20 in) longer gears, or 35mm (1.378 in.) versus 40mm (1.575 in) internally. Externally the turbo oil pumps are unchanged. High volume and high pressure are for the most demanding applications."

the above excerpt taken from "How to modify your Datsun/Nissan OHC engine" by frank honsowetz

Ummm... I don't quite understand what you're getting at. The explanation you provide in Honsowetz' book ( and many other sources ) states that the stock pumps and Competition pumps deliver the same Volume ( amount of Oil ). All of the internal components ( with the exception of the relief spring ) are the same. Only the Turbo pump has larger gears and housing and is thus able to pump more volume. Pressure and Volume are NOT the same thing.

It's been covered in many, many different articles.  " How to Modify Datsun L-Series Engines " is not the only source on this". Bottom line:  15010-A1110 Competition pump pumps the same volume of oil as the stock 15010-21001 oil pump, It just has a higher pressure relief spring.