IGNORED

Cylinder head depth markers

siteunseen

Someone had asked about this earlier but I don't remember who and it has probably been answered, BUT I'm excited and wanted to post!

The little circles on the bottom are markers of how much has been removed, I think there's 3 across the bottom.  My machinist friend finally got my E31 finished and he was telling me it was nice and flat, it had been cut before and I could cut it again.  He pointed to those circles and said they were indicators of how much had been removed and when you couldn't go any further without shims.  Just thought I'd share this as I was curious myself when someone mentioned it earlier. :)

56b534b4b9279_cylindermarker.thumb.jpg.0

• Like 1

I had asked about this in a previous thread. I thought that is what they might indicate.

I just didn't know how deep those were. I read to start shimming after .015 cut.

I thought those looked deeper than .015 uncut but they could be .015. I would have to measure. 

Edited by Lumens
  • Like 1