IGNORED

T/C rod kit from MSA

grannyknot

I bought and installed this kit,http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic20j/23-4190

about 4 yrs ago, I've only done about 4000 miles in that time and you can see the white pucks are pretty trashed.

I have not done any tracking of the car, the boots have no splits so there was no contamination and the nuts were tightened

using the included distance gauge. Recently some else mentioned this same thing and that is why I checked mine.

MSA hasn't responded to my inquiry yet ( just did it an hour ago)

Does anyone else make these pucks out of something a little stronger?

Thanks,

Chris

DSCN1082.JPG

DSCN1085.JPG

DSCN1084.JPG

DSCN1083.JPG

DSCN1087.JPG

Given the shock compression loads on these things driving on rotted pavement, it's not much wonder they don't survive long. Go back to nice new stock bushings. You'll appreciated the less percusive ride quality and not likely notice any handling difference. 

TTT makes very high quality stuff, but I would be afraid of those on rough roads.  They completely eliminate recession which is a huge contributor to impact harshness.

I have poly on my street Z and I hate them.  I'm going back to rubber on that car.  My race car TC rods have poly on the front side of the body with old rubber bushings behind the body and it handles impacts much better than my all poly street Z.

I have a lathe now so I think I will make up a pair of my own. The real problem may not be the material at all but the shape,

the aluminum concave puck is spherical, the white plastic puck is cone shaped and is very ridgid . So there is always a pressure on the cone to change its shape and fill the air gap, I'm sure that is what the radial cracks are all about.

Chris