IGNORED

[2016] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

I always look forward to seeing pics of Guy's collection.

I haven't done much with the Z cars lately since spring hasn't sprung here yet, but I did pick up a new toy.  I bought a 996 and drove it 2000 miles home from Phoenix.

IMG_0607c.jpg

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Diseazd said:

Still like the 022 best?B)

My sample of 918 doesn't seem to be as orange as yours. I wonder if that's the brand of paint? The sample at the top of the hood is 918, almost mustard color, not really orange. Guy is your paint single stage or BC/CC?

Charles....It's a 2 stage paint (I believe it was PPG). We matched the original color under the windshield rubber. Orange and red paint really look different under artificial lights. It looks completely different outside (natural light). Either color looks great on the Datsuns IMO. Good luck....can't wait to see it! Under the hood paint is original paint....you can see how it matches.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Took out my 4.44LSD to be looked at and hopefully get rid of the whine it has.  Put in a 4.11 open diff and it makes a lot of noise.  No whine, but another noise I cannot really describe.  It has new bearings, so suspect is that the pinion/ring gear specs aren't correct - too tight? 

Dropping the engine back in this weekend : )

Cleaned up the engine bay a bit.

Im so interested in seeing how the cheap triple 45s will perform when the engine is broken in. My friend how builds my engine also has build a similar engine for his car and that one is already back in his car and seams to run well. But it's not broken in yet.image.jpeg

My friends car:

IMG_6628.mp4

• Mike locked this topic