IGNORED

Source for whole quarter panels

hr369

Ran across this today.  I couldn't find whole quarters from tabco so i googled and found these.

http://www.rhdjapan.com/marugen-shoukai-rear-quarter-panel-set-nissan-fairlady-z-s30-s31.html

These are made in Japan so quality should be good. Only problem is they're made for the fairladys smaller bumpers.

Perhaps no problem for the 240z's but the 280z need work to fit bigger bumpers.  The S31 quarters

would be for the 260-280z style tail lights.

They sell them as a set. At current exchange rates that 346 usd each. Thats before shipping however.

Thought i'de pass this along since aftermarket suppliers on these old rust buckets are drying up.

They sell new whole doors and fenders too. Material is fiberglass

http://www.rhdjapan.com/search/model/nissan_fairlady-z/car/nissan/category/exterior_fenders-and-doors/?p=1

The fiberglass body suppliers here in the states seem like there here today, gone tomorrow.

Are there any reliable ones with good quality in the usa?

Edited by hr369

"Fiberglass reinforced panel" ie fiberglass...

How do you attach these to the car? glue them on? That can't be a good solution if your quarter is rusted in key structural spots. 

I've been out of auto body work for a very long time.

yes, I would think you would use a 2 part epoxy panel adhesive and bond them to the car. I would be afraid to throw a car with a fiberglass quarter around too much. I would also think the edges of the panels would be thicker than stock panels and make panel transitions difficult.

I am hoping Dave Patten @ Futofab will use some of his connections at some point to work up some dies to stamp these. On my Christmas list... B)

yes, I would think you would use a 2 part epoxy panel adhesive and bond them to the car. I would be afraid to throw a car with a fiberglass quarter around too much. I would also think the edges of the panels would be thicker than stock panels and make panel transitions difficult.

I am hoping Dave Patten @ Futofab will use some of his connections at some point to work up some dies to stamp these. On my Christmas list... B)

Oh heck yea. I see  futofab makes metal quarters for the 510's.  So he's got the tooling just needs the dies.  I was thinking i'de have to wait until

metal printers are in body shops and they just print up a new quarter panel in the year 2055.

Since I can't read that and didn't try to translate it. Will they ship to the US? When does the auction end?

While you're at it look for a NOS frame rails... :P

5 more days dec 16.  He says these were in a garage. Collecting dust for 30+ years. He doesn't ship international but thats not a problem. There are freight forwarders that can ship international. But this guy says each quarter is 30 kilo's. Whoa, that  must be some crate he put it in.

Yea the last set of frame rails that sold a couple years ago. I bid on them but they went for a crazy price. 6 or 700 a piece.