IGNORED

a few questions

sweatybetty

1972 240z

i have a few questions that i cant find the answers to

1 on the wiring schematic there is a light? that is labeled step. is this a light in the door or where?

2 what is the white wire that forms a loop on the back of the tach, and where does it go and what does it do?

tach_zpsufrpbgyw.jpg

3 should i have a choke "on" light, and where should it be?

4 did all consoles have a cover? mine looks like some after-market-jury-rigged crap. is this normal?

thanks all     sb

1. The wiring is there for a light, but there is no socket. That doesn't prevent you from adding a light socket & bulb.

2. I can't remember (nor do I want to look at the spare tach I have in the garage), but search a while around here. What color wires do they mate up with in the dash harness?

3. There was a plunger switch IIRC that completed the circuit when the choke lever was pulled up, much like the brake light switch.

4. There are only aftermarket covers for consoles. I installed a rear-hinged cover on my 73 at one time and replaced it with the saddle console with cup holders a few years later.