IGNORED

Need help sourcing parts

gettuerckd

Hey everyone

I am having some very real issues finding an afm for my 78 280z. After an exhaustive search, I have the Nissan OEM part number (22680-N4213) finally narrowed down, but finding a replacement for less than $475 is not working. Sadly, most pick n pull places in the Denver area don't advertize having z cars on the lots, so I can't even look there without spending several hours a day for the next several weeks weeding through the garbage... any advice? If anyone has a spare they'd be willing to sell, I'll gladly pay.

Dave

The first thing many people who read this will wonder is do you really need an AFM?  If it's not missing entirely you may not need a new one.  The AFM gets blamed for many problems.

MSA sells a good product.  I have one on my car.  But they need a core.  So if you don't have a core you'll have to find one.  Core charge is $400.

Notice also that what you need is more of a model number, like A31-060-001, not the Nissan part number.  I have a 78 AFM in the garage but I'd have to go look to find the number.  Can't remember for sure.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/11-3040

Edit - just noticed the good advice at the bottom of the page I linked.  Read everything.

Edited by Zed Head

Forum members have worked many people down the EFI problem-solving path.  Search through some threads here or post a description of what you're seeing.  You can save some money.

Hopefully you're using the Factory Service Manul and not one of the simpler help books, like Chilton or Haynes.  The Factory book is much more detailed.  There's another general EFI Guidebook also, very useful.

Hey everyone

I am having some very real issues finding an afm for my 78 280z. After an exhaustive search, I have the Nissan OEM part number (22680-N4213) finally narrowed down, but finding a replacement for less than $475 is not working. Sadly, most pick n pull places in the Denver area don't advertize having z cars on the lots, so I can't even look there without spending several hours a day for the next several weeks weeding through the garbage... any advice? If anyone has a spare they'd be willing to sell, I'll gladly pay.

Dave

Call Eric - He'll most likely have a used one for a fair price: 541-670-8925