IGNORED

Pass/flash button on indicator stalk

Red7

I've just noticed that my 72 Z hasn't got a button on the end of the indicator/turn signal stalk to flash the headlamps, my old UK car had one and so did all my friends cars over here, my question is should it have one or didn't the USA cars have this feature?

Thanks in advance :-)

I just picked up a couple of these in Japan. They look identical to the LHD switch. If someone wanted to add this pass feature, it looks like you could just flip it over and put it on the left side of the steering column. The "pass" lettering would be upside down but that could be blacked out so it

wouldn't be noticable. Around here we flash our high beams to warn others that the cops are using radar and I flash high beams to tell others to turn down their high beams.

post-23403-0-97064600-1448656025_thumb.j

Edited by hr369

I just picked up a couple of these in Japan. They look identical to the LHD switch. If someone wanted to add this pass feature, it looks like you could just flip it over and put it on the left side of the steering column. The "pass" lettering would be upside down but that could be blacked out so it

wouldn't be noticable. Around here we flash our high beams to warn others that the cops are using radar and I flash high beams to tell others to turn down their high beams.

attachicon.gifpass.jpg

Thanks for that I'll look into getting one, it's a good feature to have

The 2 RHD turn signal switches I have are for years 74-76. I've compared the wiring harnesses to the USDM for the same year car and the plugs are identical. The only difference is there is one additional wire that comes out of the turn signal stalk and ends in a single female spade connector.

I'm thinking the RHD 1972 Japan fairladys are the same deal with 1 extra wire too.

post-23403-0-24287300-1448708307_thumb.j

.post-23403-0-84434000-1448710625_thumb.j

USDM harness

post-23403-0-85084300-1448710881_thumb.j

After taking a picture and posting the picture of that tiny wire I got to thinking that they're sending all the current for the high beams

through that tiny wire because there are no high beam relays. Damn they must be weak but I guess they serve the purpose and

it's only for a few seconds

Edited by hr369