IGNORED

VIN Search

Holly Pitters

I only saw a post from 2005 about this so forgive me if I should be posting elsewhere - I have two VIN numbers for cars I'm purchasing - But I thought the one car was a '72 though the current owner is telling me that it's a '76.  Can anyone confirm the model and year by these VIN's?

HLS30-04044 and XS3 0T6285475.

Thank you!

The VIN you want to look at is on the firewall of the engine bay - driver's side - etched into the firewall metal.  It should say "HLS30-04044".  April or May of 1970 manufacture according to www.zhome.com

XS3 0T6285475 is meaningless unless the car has a salvage title.

Hi Again

Thanks for you help with the VIN - turns out the VIN on the ownership (which is what they gave me over the phone) is just wrong for some reason.  The VIN on the car is HLS30 285475.  That's the 1976 280z. 

Now that I have both cars on my driveway - I'm looking for the engine ID numbers - to see if the engines been changed at all - particularly in the 1970 240z.  The VIN plates on the door and the dash match with HLS30 04044 and I want to know if the engine original.  If any one knows where on the engine I can find this info please share - thinking I've bitten off a lot here with the two cars but they're both so pretty!!

Thanks! :wacko: