IGNORED

sweatys rebuild

sweatybetty

This is an impressive build.  Great attention to detail.  I like the fact that you're willing to divert from the conventional aesthetics here and there (e.g. black fasteners) to get the look you like.

I didn't track back through the entire thread to pick up on the details, but I believe there was discussion of electrical tape.  May I suggest that you have a look at using automotive 'loom' tape (no adhesive), rather than the non-automotive.  Maybe not so important for the under-dash wiring (where covering the wiring runs with tape is probably optional), but a real consideration for the engine compartment, where engine heat can cause the tape adhesive to weep out of the wrap, creating a dirt magnet that will defy easy clean-up.  I used loom tape to re-wrap my engine compartment harness (pretty much all of it, by the time the job was finished) and was really pleased with the results.  There are some tricks to working with this material but, with a bit of practice, you should be able to complete the job in a morning or an afternoon.  A $25 roll should be enough for the front part of the car.  If you're interested, I'll post some hints on how to do the wrap.

13 minutes ago, S30Driver said:

Looking great!  Is that windshield PPG?  If so, would you mind sharing what the cost was.

I wish you could get those windshields without the blue tint at the top.

its a PGW window. it was $227 total installed, and i believe the labor was $90. so whatever the difference..........

• 2 weeks later...