IGNORED

A few quick questions? Glove box light and I have a screw missing….

70z4fun

Howdy,

This is for my Series 1 240z

First the hard question!

Just noticed that my light switch for my glove box is hanging in the box! Looks like the spot weld for the bracket has broken. Looks like to fix it right, I would need to pull the dash and spot weld back on. Not thinking of doing that right now.

Any one else had this issue? Would JB weld or drilling a hole with a screw and nut work? Any thoughts would be appreciated…...

And because I am lazy, I noticed that one of my cables for the heater control has come loose and the screw has vibrated off, and is no where to be found. Any ideas what size screws those are? I guess the easy way is to take one off the other three cables, but I thought I would ask here.

Thanks in advance

Bob

That glovebox flange might be a tough fix, as you say it is held by one small spot weld to the frame of the dash. The metal of the frame is the same thickness as the flange so there isn't much for a thread to grab onto. A self tapping sheet metal screw might work but you would have to remove the cardboard glovebox to get a enough room to get a hand drill up under the dash to get the angle right, also the other side of the frame is bonded foam so there is no room for a nut. JB weld may work but don't use the 5 min stuff, it doesn't have the strength of the 24hr kind.

Those tiny screws are M4 x .7

Chris