IGNORED

240Z Center AC Vent Options?

Duffman

I am looking to find a better option to my rigid center vent in my Z to better direct air from AC towards the driver.  Has anyone come up with a newer modified option that fits in the center vent area but allows you to direct the air any direction?  I am assuming that you could replace the rigid (directionally set) vent with something from another vehicle that fits in there and can be pointed towards driver and/or passenger.  Any ideas?

Edited by duffman

This is a little extreme, but its the only way to get a significant amount of cold A/C air flow directed at your face. I recently completed this mod and am extremely happy with the air flow performance.

http://www.classiczcars.com/topic/52309-location-and-installation-of-vintage-air-gen-ii-mini-controls-on-1972-240z/

Go to post #12

Those eyeballs are 280z dash end vents. They are great for a couple of reasons.

1. Fit the gauge holes. They are smaller than the 240 eyeballs.

2. They are aimable and CLOSEABLE unlike the 240 eyeballs.

They are just siliconed against the back of the opening. If you had the dash out you could use the three little mounting tabs to put in some screws to secure it from the back. You have to remove all of the extra plastic from the eyeball housings but that's easy with the almighty dremel.

They look good in chrome, but if you can't find a decent set (peeling chrome), just paint them black.

As to where to find some, ebay, put a WTB ad up here, or maybe one of my storage bins?

Edited by zKars

• 2 weeks later...