IGNORED

I need this part....

rcb280z

Anyone have this part? Its part of the reclining mechanism for a 73 240 drivers seat. I repaired it once already but my welding skills are sub-par at best. I may take it to a local shop but thought I would check here first hoping someone would have misc seat parts.

post-20387-0-82899400-1441313341_thumb.j

Edited by rcb280z

As I already said I attempted a fix once and it didn't last. Because the metal is so thin it required putting washers on either side and welding those into place then grinding it down to fit the pin on the seat. Even that didn't last. Thats why I am looking for a replacement part.

You say you welded it but that looks like solder.  You should never solder something like this as it does not have the strength to hold together.

Solder? Haha, don't know where you get that from reading my post. BTW I think it would be stupid to solder something like this so thanks for your post.  :)  The weld lasted almost 3 years.

Edited by rcb280z
  • Like 1