IGNORED

Finally, some nice weather!

siteunseen

funny you should start this thread - i've found that commuting in my z is a blast. it's so much fun to drive that even something as banal as a work commute makes me smile. i'm usually on the road by around 5:30am and there's something awesome about ripping through the gears as the sun is coming up, and i love looking back at her in the parking lot as i open up the office. 

• Like 1

I like the way they bring back memories for folks in their 40s and over.  Everyday last week somebody, from salesman to delivery guys, had a story to tell about a Z in their past.  You could see a sparkle in their eyes and a smile every time.  One story from a delivery guy ended with Quaaludes and a totaled Z.  :rolleyes:

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 1

I like the way they bring back memories for folks in their 40s and over...

so true - damn near every day i get someone who walks up with a smile and starts off with one of the following:

"I dated a guy back in high school who had one of those..."

"I dated a girl back in high school who had one of those..."

"I had a friend back in high school who had one of those..."

"I always wanted one of those back in high school..."

i met more folks in my neighborhood  when i started working on my z in the front of the house than i had in the 10 years i've lived here. people walking by would just stop and chat, comment on the progress and wish me well on the car.   

I have folks stop me everytime I park RedBird. First they say "is it for sale?" Quickly followed by one of Rossi z's comments "I used to..."!

Nooo, but if you want one, better do it, they are getting scarce. Here in the south, folks are offended if the conversation ends before 20 minutes, and they have not been able to ask you "Ramsay? Are you kin to XXXXX Ramsay in Possum Kingdom (a real place in S.C.), he is my step half cousin in law? You have to be kin here, no matter how remote! Hahaha