IGNORED

Spark Plug Wires

bhermes

I think originally the factory one's were black (I am often mistaken, though).  Now they come in black, blue, red, yellow and maybe a couple of others depending on the brand.

I am not a spark plug wire expert but my personal preference are the NGK wires and they happen to be blue.

NGK Plug lead set = NE61 ( Alternate Part number #8105 )

Spark plugs ( Standard heat range ):

1970 to 1976. BPR6ES ( .8mm gap or.032" )

1977 thru 1978. BPR6Es-11   (1.1mm gap or .042" ) Note: 1977 and 1978 Trignition is more powerfull than earler models. If you're using a E12-80 distributor you can use the BPR6ES-11 plugs.

Since I don't know what you are driving exactly, A daily driver or a series 1show car, it seems to me that since spark plug wires are easily and often required to replace for tune ups and such, that maybe you could get a black and a blue set.  Just for driving, use the NGK's and if you want, put the black ones on when you show. 

Mine is a driver so I am not so much of a purist but I do like to keep it as original as possible and that means a good degree of dependability is important also as well as performance.

For Caps and Rotors, I don't think the design has changed since the Z was new.  Like Henry Ford said about the model T, "You can have any color you want, as long as it is black".

NGK Plug lead set = NE61 ( Alternate Part number #8105 )

Spark plugs ( Standard heat range ):

1970 to 1976. BPR6ES ( .8mm gap or.032" )

1977 thru 1978. BPR6Es-11   (1.1mm gap or .042" ) Note: 1977 and 1978 Trignition is more powerfull than earler models. If you're using a E12-80 distributor you can use the BPR6ES-11 plugs.

I am useing the BP6ES-11 with my Pertronix ignition kit with Pertronix coil. Works well.