clutch 240z

datsunnyit

Hi all, clutch problem. Who is wrong ?

PICTURE 1

the clutch fork is free

put the rubber and is perfect

PICTURE 2

fit the slave cylinder

after some miles / km the rubber is moved out of your place.

PICTURE 3

I removed the rubber from your place and in a free position this is the condition of the parts

aftermarket RUBBER

aftermarket  3/4" SLAVE CYLINDER is much long ?

missing only selent between gearbox and rubber ?

other ?

The clutch pedal when depressed is always hard ?

the first inch (2 - 3 cm) is light hard , after is hard to depress.

the lenght between chassis under pedal and the top of clutch pedal ( rubber pedal ) is OK. ( about 23cm NISSAN 

SERVICE MANUAL )

Please can you help me ?

Thanks

Regards

post-19533-0-46272800-1440529975_thumb.j

post-19533-0-63066500-1440529986_thumb.j

post-19533-0-20800600-1440529996_thumb.j

Here is a measurement from my car with the clutch pedal at rest.  You can see that the boot on the slave cylinder is not stretched out like yours seems to be.  You might have a short throwout bearing collar inside when you need a tall one.

Take the same measurement that I show, with no pressure on the pedal, and see how it compares.

post-19298-0-49856900-1440533321_thumb.p

The transmissions from around 1971 up to 1983 are all the same, as far as the slave cylinder and clutch fork pivot relationship.  That picture is from my 280Z, and it's an aftermarket slave cylinder so it looks different.  But the distance from the mounting bolts to the end of the fork, at rest, should be the same for all of the Z car transmissions in that range of years, regardless of year or model.  

The slave cylinder looks over extended. Zed's comment aboout the throwout bearing collar is on the mark. Also, the condition of the release arm and pivot ball should be inspected. You are likely going to need to remove the transmission to fix this. There are several length collars and matching presusre plate heights. If the wron combination is used the clutch won't work right.