IGNORED

Free engine and Transmission! Edmonton

northernz

Kind of a strange story, but I was out cruising in my freshly rebuilt Zed yesterday when I noticed a truck up ahead suddenly pull over. The driver hopped out and frantically waved me down, he was so excited that I couldn't get a word in edge wise. Seems he had a 6/71 240Z that is no more. All he has left is the engine and transmission that he is desperate to get rid of! From his torrent of excitement at finding someone(me) to take it off his hands, FREE, I gleaned that it has less than 3000 miles on a rebuild, and that the tranny is "brand new". I did get his number, if anyone here is interested in it let me know and I'll post the number!

The closest I appear to have is 77,000 or so. Have you considered milling the block and having it re-engraved with the correct numbers. You can't represent it as the original block but you can call it a remanufactured block at least here you can. You would need to match the font. I once saw a early 50's block for a vw that had no numbers on it and that would be the way to handle a block like that. Also do you have the engine bay tag that has the motor number on it. What number do you need? Maybe, by some great odds, one of us has it...

• 2 months later...